ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6 Wireless Mics  (Read 22778 times)

Isaac South

• Central Kentucky
Re: 6 Wireless Mics
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2017, 11:34:09 AM »

Thank you, Lee.  That makes sense now that I've looked at the back of the unit.

Another Question:  On the UA844+SWB/LC, it has RF Output A and RF Output B.  Since each of my receivers will only have one mic, will I only go from one of those RF out's?  For example, only the A side? 

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2017, 12:20:25 PM »

Thank you, Lee.  That makes sense now that I've looked at the back of the unit.

Another Question:  On the UA844+SWB/LC, it has RF Output A and RF Output B.  Since each of my receivers will only have one mic, will I only go from one of those RF out's?  For example, only the A side?

No, each receiver gets both an A and a B antenna connection.  This is a diversity antenna setup that allows the receiver to choose between two radio signals and select the better of the two.

Shure has a very handy accessory guide on their website.  You input which wireless model, how many receiver units, how far away antenna's will be located, and it gives you a list of splitters, cables, antennas, etc.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Isaac South

• Central Kentucky
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2017, 12:59:50 PM »

I just read that it comes with 10 22in BNC cables.  So that should cover me if I put 4 receivers on each distributor, and then I'm getting another Distributor, which will carry my other 2 receivers.  (If I'm reading this correctly).  And I think it comes with that fifth BNC cable, to cascade down to the second distributor.

Am I getting this correctly?  So....I don't think I'll need to purchase any extra BNC cables.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2017, 02:03:12 PM »

False. A consultant does not sell equipment. You are confusing a design build contractor with a real consultant.

You're absolutely right. I was confused.  :)

And I do appreciate the consultants that don't sell equipment -- their motivations are totally different than design/build contractors.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2017, 05:13:51 PM »

I just read that it comes with 10 22in BNC cables.  So that should cover me if I put 4 receivers on each distributor, and then I'm getting another Distributor, which will carry my other 2 receivers.  (If I'm reading this correctly).  And I think it comes with that fifth BNC cable, to cascade down to the second distributor.

Am I getting this correctly?  So....I don't think I'll need to purchase any extra BNC cables.

Yes, you are correct.

I would think of it this way.
It (Shure UA844+SWB) comes with 10 short BNC cables,
you will use 8 of them to connect to 4 of your receivers (2 each, 1 A and 1 B).
You have 2 cables remaining to link/cascade to your second UA844+SWB which also requires an A and a B.

Lee

Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »

Actually, to be precise: The UA844+SWB comes with 10-22" BNC cables, and 2-6' BNC cables. It also comes with 4 non-locking power cables for the QLX-D series, and 4 locking power cables for the ULX-D series. The UA844+SWB/LC (which is $50 less) comes only with 2-22" BNC cables, the 2- 6' BNC cables, and the 4 non-locking power cables for the QLX-D series.

[The QLX-D systems come with 2 BNC cables each; the ULX-D systems do not.]

-Ray "sold way too much Shure lately" Aberle
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.