ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha 01V No sound from Stereo XLR Put and 2TR RCA Out  (Read 11120 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Yamaha 01V No sound from Stereo XLR Put and 2TR RCA Out
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 05:23:06 PM »

While unlikely, if the mixer had been used as a sub mixer to one with phantom power turned on, it is possible the outputs could be damaged. That said, I have done it by mistake with my Yamaha mixers with no damage but really awful sounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

John Ferreira

Re: Yamaha 01V: No sound from Stereo XLR Out and 2TR RCA Out
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 06:57:15 PM »

Oh and by the way even though there's no sound coming from the stereo outputs....There is still some activity thru the output meters when I play any type of playback sources.

1. Go to Set Up
2. Go to Monitor Out (that's the second tab)
3. Make sure Stereo Out is selected ( NOT Cascade In)
John Ferreira

Bernard Fernand

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 02:23:31 PM »

While unlikely, if the mixer had been used as a sub mixer to one with phantom power turned on, it is possible the outputs could be damaged. That said, I have done it by mistake with my Yamaha mixers with no damage but really awful sounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:'( I hope not

Bernard Fernand

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 02:30:03 PM »

1. Go to Set Up
2. Go to Monitor Out (that's the second tab)
3. Make sure Stereo Out is selected ( NOT Cascade In)

Hey guys I'm back on the board. I check the monitor setup section. Stereo Out is selected. The next thing I did was on the OMNI OUT SELECT tab of the routing page I set ST OUT L/R To Omni out 1&2 temporarily  and there's Sound thru the st out routing to the Omni out....Its just not coming thru to the XLR St out and 2TR RCA out.

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 06:48:53 PM »

Hey guys I'm back on the board. I check the monitor setup section. Stereo Out is selected. The next thing I did was on the OMNI OUT SELECT tab of the routing page I set ST OUT L/R To Omni out 1&2 temporarily  and there's Sound thru the st out routing to the Omni out....Its just not coming thru to the XLR St out and 2TR RCA out.
I have an O1V and I have done the internal ground fix (only if the unit randomly reboots out of no where) do the fix.
Simply do a factory reset on the unit.  It is all over the internet on the "how to" and the manual is available.
It is possible the unit has a failure because of the age.

Kevin Wright 1

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2017, 03:34:00 PM »

Hi, did you ever solve your issue? I have a similar problem but only my RIGHT output has failed. Main Outputs and RCA Phonos. There were a few pops and clicks before there was slience from the right hand side. I'm assuming it is a component fail due to age so will open her up in the next week to have a look at the output circuits. Monitor outs are fine as well as the headphone output.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber