ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha 01V No sound from Stereo XLR Put and 2TR RCA Out  (Read 11119 times)

Bernard Fernand

Yamaha 01V No sound from Stereo XLR Put and 2TR RCA Out
« on: March 04, 2017, 01:02:02 PM »

Hey guys I need help here I have a Yamaha 01v I used for a gig last night. I notice there wasn't no sound coming out but a slight hum from the 2 outputs I taught it was bad cables but here I am today using different cables and still the same issue. Just got it back from an old friend Friday because I actually got time to get it back. Before I give it to him the outputs were working fine but now only a slight hum coming out when I play any source through it. The Omni out and monitors out working fine. Yes I know the board is old but I need it until I got my X32 system in the future so I could use this the board for small gigs. Can you guys help me out please??? Thanks.

Bernard Fernand

Yamaha 01V: No sound from Stereo XLR Out and 2TR RCA Out
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 01:19:24 PM »

Hey guys I need help here I have a Yamaha 01v I used for a gig last night. I notice there wasn't no sound coming out but a slight hum from the 2 outputs I taught it was bad cables but here I am today using different cables and still the same issue. Just got it back from an old friend Friday because I actually got time to get it back. Before I give it to him the outputs were working fine but now only a slight hum coming out when I play any source through it. The Omni out and monitors out working fine. Yes I know the board is old but I need it until I got my X32 system in the future so I could use this the board for small gigs. Can you guys help me out please??? Thanks.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Re: Yamaha 01V: No sound from Stereo XLR Out and 2TR RCA Out
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 01:48:50 PM »

Bernard -

I had one of these for many years and it served me well.

If you don't have it, download the manual here:
http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=hu&site=hu.yamaha.com&asset_id=4146

Resetting the mixer may help. There was a ground issue that may be causing it. You can reset your 01v to ensure it's not a software issue first:

To erase all memories in the desk,and return it to its factory settings,hold the SCENE MEMORY [STORE] switch while turning on the power, and choose the INITIALIZE option.

If that doesn't fix it, you may need to go to a qualified service center. I had mine serviced at Advanced Musical Electronics in Venice, CA.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 02:05:07 PM »

I suspect that the main L/R has been unpatched in a menu somewhere.

All parameters are default-recalled so if you have a scene saved to console memory I suggest you load that and see if the behavior changes.

If that doesn't work, download the manual as Ned suggests and go to the PAN/ROUTING menu to verify that a signal is assigned to the Stereo L/R outputs.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bernard Fernand

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 02:31:47 PM »

Bernard -

I had one of these for many years and it served me well.

If you don't have it, download the manual here:
http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=hu&site=hu.yamaha.com&asset_id=4146

Resetting the mixer may help. There was a ground issue that may be causing it. You can reset your 01v to ensure it's not a software issue first:

To erase all memories in the desk,and return it to its factory settings,hold the SCENE MEMORY [STORE] switch while turning on the power, and choose the INITIALIZE option.

If that doesn't fix it, you may need to go to a qualified service center. I had mine serviced at Advanced Musical Electronics in Venice, CA.

I reset the board but the issue still there.

Bernard Fernand

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 02:34:02 PM »

All parameters are default-recalled so if you have a scene saved to console memory I suggest you load that and see if the behavior changes.

If that doesn't work, download the manual as Ned suggests and go to the PAN/ROUTING menu to verify that a signal is assigned to the Stereo L/R outputs.

I checked the routing on the board all the channels are set to the Stereo outs. I even checked to see if the pink noise/sine wave on the board could come thru the outs.....Still no sound

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 03:32:48 PM »

I checked the routing on the board all the channels are set to the Stereo outs. I even checked to see if the pink noise/sine wave on the board could come thru the outs.....Still no sound

Bernard, I wasn't clear before.  I believe it is the MAIN L and MAIN R have been 'un-assigned' from the physical output section.  Check the OUTPUTS tab in the PAN/ROUTING menu.  I'll try to get in front of my old 01v and confirm what things should look like ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bernard Fernand

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 04:03:34 PM »

Bernard, I wasn't clear before.  I believe it is the MAIN L and MAIN R have been 'un-assigned' from the physical output section.  Check the OUTPUTS tab in the PAN/ROUTING menu.  I'll try to get in front of my old 01v and confirm what things should look like ;)

Ok cool.   8) I'm not at the board right now but I'll check it later.

Bernard Fernand

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 04:05:56 PM »

Oh and by the way even though there's no sound coming from the stereo outputs....There is still some activity thru the output meters when I play any type of playback sources.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: Yamaha 01V No sound from Stereo XLR Put and 2TR RCA Out
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 05:08:25 PM »

After having a different user, the first thing I would check is the routing to make sure you are sending something to those outputs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Yamaha 01V No sound from Stereo XLR Put and 2TR RCA Out
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 05:08:25 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.