ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to lose some weight.  (Read 11924 times)

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: Trying to loose some weight.
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2017, 08:05:14 am »

I agree with Tom, post count doesn't mean shit.  Quality of quantity.  Like this post, just an affirmation.  Doesn't mean I know anything <<g>>

Low post count on a long time member likely means someone is, um, well, WORKING !
You know, making a living in live sound.
I always believed in read/learn more, open your mouth when you can contribute.
YMMV.
I know, I certainly know less now, than i did when I started here.
Thanks guys. A lot.  :-[
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2017, 08:51:02 am »

If you hang around long enough you may discover:

1 - Specifications can't describe how something is going to sound
2 - The vendor behind the product is more important than raw performance
3 - Features need to translate to revenue
4 - Picking out gear becomes a very minor part of your job.  That job may be small business owner, BE, club manager, house engineer but at the end of the day we have to achieve a certain result with the assets available to us
5 - You don't know anywhere near as much as you think you did
6 - Something you think you really understood someone is going to come along an prove you wrong.  This hurts a bit the first time.  If you can get over it you will have some real growth as a professional
7 - There are some really nice people in here with huge hearts
8 - Just because someone is crass don't think # 7 doesn't apply
9 - You still don't get "take the cotton out of your ears and stick in your mouth" do you?  Your in depth analysis of the colloquialism makes me think the point sailed right over your head
10 - The majority of the folks here have been in the business longer than you have been alive

Seriously, all newcomers should be required to read and acknowledge this when they sign up.  This is some serious truth.  Well said, indeed.

Rick Powell

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2017, 09:35:32 am »

Okay. I will say it simply as I can: Is it true or false that a pair of SM80's will be more than $5,000?

That's the only thing I was mentioning. Beyond agreements, you can find the information from vendors who, potentially, broke the agreement and posted them online: Pro AV systems - proavsi.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/MSRP-PRICELIST-DANLEY.xlsx

Heck you can even find this information on this site:
I have roughly said the same as they have and that the QRX will be cheaper... I wrongly stated the ZXA5, taken distortion into account but I was entirely correct on the SM80's being out of budget. Unless you or you know someone who is selling SM80's for $2,499 each with shipping included (although I likewise accounted for that initially by claiming unless you can work it out with a dealer). Although the OP has said "around" and has stretched it, my point still remains true regardless: a pair of SM80's will not fit in a $5,000 budget. The same as the RCF TT25A MKII. So no, in this case I am not "proclaiming things as fact" without being certain. I am certain and I have proof to back myself up. This is sales and not a statement of performance.

I believe I just did not explain it entirely. I was associating the math with the knowledge. You must know all the variables to apply math properly. In this way, I grouped the arithmetic and application together. I know it's not proper but contextually I didn't think it needed explaining. However, yes, you are right. One must 'know your stuff' first. Physics class vs. math class essentially. I don't view them differently but I probably should.

FYI, with dealer negotiation I got a pair of SM80's with shipping for substantially less than retail. If you wanted a pair and had a 5k budget, it would be worth a dealer inquiry to see how well you could do.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2017, 11:28:04 am »

Seriously, all newcomers should be required to read and acknowledge this when they sign up.  This is some serious truth.  Well said, indeed.
TOTALLY agreed,
 +100
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2017, 11:28:04 am »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.