ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M7CL with waves??  (Read 2394 times)

Al Rettich

M7CL with waves??
« on: February 25, 2017, 03:11:44 PM »

Anyone use a M7CL with Waves as a native setup? Was reading last night saying that running a Waves system on a native side with a M7CL wasn't ideal. That even 16 plugins would/could overload the CPU of your computer.  Yes I know that there are some CPU heavy plugins.   Just wondering. 

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Re: M7CL with waves??
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 03:43:20 PM »

The console really has no effect on the waves setup. A better and broader question that is still applicable would be... Anyone use a Yamaha desk with waves as native?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 08:12:46 PM »

I just picked up a Yamaha Waves card for our M7. I hope to play around this week and report back

John Daniluk (JD)

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 01:58:53 PM »

you have to have the port sw to make it work with the ls9 and m7  I have used native for my analog and digital consoles.  Had some delay issues when using it in a analog console.  Used waves native last year several times in digital consoles with no problems.  Note I am now using a server for my digital consoles.  Use cat 6 cables. If you see your ram being used up in native mode you usually can upgrade your computer  to have additional ram   If the computer dies you will drop signal.  Using the server you will not drop signal....when the computer comes back up there will be a bump. 

run some music on a channel without waves and run another channel with waves and you will get an idea of how much delay you have native.  Also cretin waves all in one plugins have more delay than if you do individual plugins for the same thing.

have fun

jd

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 01:58:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.