ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha rio mispatching itself  (Read 2581 times)

tommy bradshaw

Yamaha rio mispatching itself
« on: February 27, 2017, 10:19:30 AM »

Did a gig the other day where the two rio racks I was using with the CL5 had some patching issues.
Using a Rio 16 set as no.1, and a rio 32 set as no.2.
All inputs went to the desk in order one to one.
but the outputs were mirrored and a few were out of place.
All the outputs on the 16 were correct 1-8.
But on the 32 1-8 should of been 9-16, but were 1,2,3,4,5,6,15,16
And the outputs 9-16 that should of been 17-24, but were 9,10,11,12,13,14,nothing,nothing.
I could understand if they were mirrored, it would just be me being an idiot and got something set up wrong, but the way they were coming up was odd. it was all one to one on the desk, only using one breakout so couldn't be using multiple sends. All done through Dante from desk to rio.

If anyone has come across this before, advise would be appreciated. Either a known fix so I know for the future or where I was being a tit and what I'd done wrong.

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
Re: Yamaha rio mispatching itself
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 10:28:42 AM »

Did a gig the other day where the two rio racks I was using with the CL5 had some patching issues.
And the outputs 9-16 that should of been 17-24, but were 9,10,11,12,13,14,nothing,nothing.
I could understand if they were mirrored, it would just be me being an idiot and got something set up wrong, but the way they were coming up was odd. it was all one to one on the desk, only using one breakout so couldn't be using multiple sends. All done through Dante from desk to rio.

If anyone has come across this before, advise would be appreciated. Either a known fix so I know for the future or where I was being a tit and what I'd done wrong.

Tommy, we can help , but you need to change your display name to your real name in accordance with the rules  before anyone can help you.

See the sticky thread titled "Please read before you post"

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 11:36:17 AM »

Hi Tommy, thanks for complying, I'm sure the moderators (who are also working audio professionals) appreciate it. Keeps our little community here above board.

As far as I know, output patching for Rio I/O is always manual. When you mount the devices in the console and hit auto-setup, you are setting a 1-to-1 input patch in the order the I/O is mounted.

Assuming you're doing this from the desk and not Dante controller. Make sure patch from console is set under Dante Setup. For outputs, you select I/O device from the right hand side of the screen, then select the I/O tab from the top of the screen. On the left you will see your Rio I/O in the order it is mounted. Select the box you want to patch from that list, and then touch the picture in the middle of the screen. You then get a pop up where you can patch your console outputs to the Rio outputs. Rinse/repeat.

You can set dip switches 7/8 on the Rio boxes to REFRESH, and gain/phantom/output patch will go default (no patch) upon boot . Sounds like they were set to RESUME, in which case the Rio box retains its last known patch upon boot, so the weird patch you got was how they were patched on the last gig.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 10:03:54 PM »

Hi Tommy, thanks for complying, I'm sure the moderators (who are also working audio professionals) appreciate it. Keeps our little community here above board.

As far as I know, output patching for Rio I/O is always manual. When you mount the devices in the console and hit auto-setup, you are setting a 1-to-1 input patch in the order the I/O is mounted.

Assuming you're doing this from the desk and not Dante controller. Make sure patch from console is set under Dante Setup. For outputs, you select I/O device from the right hand side of the screen, then select the I/O tab from the top of the screen. On the left you will see your Rio I/O in the order it is mounted. Select the box you want to patch from that list, and then touch the picture in the middle of the screen. You then get a pop up where you can patch your console outputs to the Rio outputs. Rinse/repeat.

You can set dip switches 7/8 on the Rio boxes to REFRESH, and gain/phantom/output patch will go default (no patch) upon boot . Sounds like they were set to RESUME, in which case the Rio box retains its last known patch upon boot, so the weird patch you got was how they were patched on the last gig.

Yup.  That's the ticket.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 10:03:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.