ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: CL/QL dynamics1 GUI flaw  (Read 4610 times)

Justin Bartlett

Re: CL/QL dynamics1 GUI flaw
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 06:06:40 PM »

you can hit almost any physical knob or space on the screen
 and or get out on the home button .
cant say I see it as a "flaw" on the cl5

Exactly, as long as "push encoder for pop-up window" is turned on, just tap any encoder and you're out of it.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 01:18:49 PM »

I can't say I've seen that issue on our CL5, but now that I know to look for it... ha.

<< Rushes off to see if this issue affects our CL5 also, so I can join in the GUI hate.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 02:37:13 PM »

<< Rushes off to see if this issue affects our CL5 also, so I can join in the GUI hate.

I'm not a hater. I'm a strong believer in the value of Yamaha consoles. In fact, I'd like my remains interred with my PM5D, so I have something reliable in case our friend Uli has that afterlife postmortem market on lockdown.

When I moaned and groaned to Buena Park and my rep (and here too I'm sure) about strapping a pair of CLs cheek to cheek for 96 channels, there was a cascade update in one of the next firmware revs. I think their britches are too big to reach out and engage on stuff like this, but they're always listening, and you know they log and look through the support calls.     

EDIT: to comply with policy.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:39:41 PM by Hayden J. Nebus »

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 11:47:26 AM »

Hayden, I'm sitting here programming our opera this week week and not seeing this issue on our CL5. The X to close the popup windows sits right between the ON buttons for the dynamics. I haven't found a window where the closing X even partially covers the ON buttons for DYN1. And even when I would press above the X to close a window, where the ON button for DYN1 is, it just closes the window and doesn't activate the DYN1.

Maybe your touch screen needs to be calibrated? Although I will admit that I haven't calibrated ours since we installed it in August of 2012.

We're on 4.02.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 11:58:08 PM »

Hayden, I'm sitting here programming our opera this week week and not seeing this issue on our CL5. The X to close the popup windows sits right between the ON buttons for the dynamics. I haven't found a window where the closing X even partially covers the ON buttons for DYN1. And even when I would press above the X to close a window, where the ON button for DYN1 is, it just closes the window and doesn't activate the DYN1.

Maybe your touch screen needs to be calibrated? Although I will admit that I haven't calibrated ours since we installed it in August of 2012.

We're on 4.02.

Agreed a calibration is in order! There is a slight overlap there. I got on the horn with my man Ty today. He seemed to see the potential there for an oopsie, and kicked this up to the R&D guys.

I'd never had an issue with this personally, but had 2 guys in two days do the same thing. Of course it was my guy that did it during a show on a money channel.

here's a peek at it, just off the google, not sure which rev the desk in this photo is, but looks consistent to me.

Also, I'm willing to bet wednesday service with Jim never had so many nice compressors until they invested in CL. 

Josh Hana

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 12:12:11 AM »

I *think* I've noticed something similar, but I almost always set UDK #11 as a "Home/Selected channel view" button, so that is effectively a "close window" key as well. Carryover from the days on an LS9 with the "home" key I guess. I end up going to that instinctively very often throughout the show.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 12:12:11 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.