ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub comparison passive and powered upgrade help  (Read 6615 times)

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Re: Sub comparison passive and powered upgrade help
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 11:59:35 AM »

So no go on the rcf 8006's whatever I decide on I will be getting one pair for now and later on goto 2 pairs

I wasn't saying that. I have not heard that particular model so I cannot compare them to the Danley's and JTRs that I mentioned. RCF does make quality gear, I am sure those would fill your needs as well.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 05:23:32 PM »

Bren,

Now I have a better idea of why and what you want.  I have listened to and continue to hear good things about the HDL20.  That being said, I was at a day long demo where they were compared with the HDL50's.  Yes it's not a fair comparison and they are in different classes, but the HDL50 is one of the best LA speakers I have ever heard.  I also heard the HDL6 demo at NAMM (12 per side) and was very impressed.  At their price you can get 24 of them for about what 12 HDL20's cost.  In a line array, more boxes are almost always better.

I have db T12's, T8's, and T4's.  I find that two T12's are  more powerful than (3) T8's at about the same cost, but what I said above still applies.  If the choice is (4) T12's a side vs. (6) T8's, I would probably go (6) per side T8's.  I really like the fact the the T series is truly 3-way vs. the 2-way HDL20's. I have heard (4) T12's compared to (6) HDL20's.  IMHO there is a huge difference in quality and output level, again at similar price points.

I have had total rider and BE acceptance for my db Tech system, and first time (using db Tech T series) BE's have been very, very complimentary.  I have personally had very good results with both RCF and db Tech.

bren collins

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 03:55:10 PM »

What about the hdl10 compared to the hdl 20's? I think I decided on rcf 8006's 1 a side for now and later on going to 2 a side. Main reason for rcf decision is a few people use rcf around me, but I haven't seen any db tech. I have a company around me that use l acoustics but that's out of my price range. Also thanks for all the help to everyone! I bet the hdl 50's ran all over the 20's.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 05:06:54 PM »

Bren

Yes the HDL50's are in a different league than the HDL20's, way different!  I have not heard the HDL10's in a good demo or concert setting, but I would guess they are very close to the HDL20's with just a little less output.  If this is the model the people around you are using, then cross renting can work well for both parties.  If they have TT or another series (even a different HDL model), think again, and consider getting matching units.  The different series will certainly not fly together properly.  You can bet the voicing, limiting, eq, and almost everything else will be very different.  RCF has good and very helpful reps and management here in the USA.  I can't speak for other locals.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 05:06:54 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 23 queries.