Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

DMX Automation

<< < (3/5) > >>

Doug Hart:

--- Quote from: Len Zenith Jr on February 22, 2017, 04:37:40 PM ---Now my LD mind is getting carried away, but you could even blink the lights 9 times at 9pm, 10 times at 10, like a clock, etc, etc. So much fun!

--- End quote ---

HAHA, that would be pretty cool.
Do you know if the software requires that you use Chauvet hardware, or can you use any USB to DMX hardware/dongle?

John Fruits:
Why not  just use a timer to turn the power to the lights on and off. Yes someone would have to reset the timer during the year.  Or a photocell and relay to do the same thing.  You should really cut the power to led units when they are not in use by the way.

Doug Hart:

--- Quote from: John Fruits on February 22, 2017, 05:08:26 PM ---Why not  just use a timer to turn the power to the lights on and off.
--- End quote ---
I don't think the lights will come back on with the same program if power is cut. That's something I'm going to test when I can get back out there. If that does work, then yes... simple solution.

--- Quote ---You should really cut the power to led units when they are not in use by the way.

--- End quote ---
Agreed

Len Zenith Jr:

--- Quote from: Doug Hart on February 22, 2017, 04:40:30 PM ---HAHA, that would be pretty cool.
Do you know if the software requires that you use Chauvet hardware, or can you use any USB to DMX hardware/dongle?

--- End quote ---

Yes, it requires the chauvet dongle.

Len Zenith Jr:

--- Quote from: Doug Hart on February 22, 2017, 05:12:18 PM ---I don't think the lights will come back on with the same program if power is cut. That's something I'm going to test when I can get back out there. If that does work, then yes... simple solution.
Agreed

--- End quote ---

They'll come back on and once they receive the DMX signal will go immediately into that  mode. That's how I operate all the lights on my truss. Just keep the power to the controller running.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version