ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Stage Fire in India from electrical short  (Read 10084 times)

John Fruits

Re: Stage Fire in India from electrical short
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 01:11:48 PM »

The flaming line arrays were also probably quite spectacular.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 01:37:07 PM »

So is everything in India corrupt, at least from a regulatory standpoint?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 02:22:35 PM »

So the materials that aren't flammable caught on fire?

I remember the days when flammable was the opposite to inflammable....apparently not anymore.

EDIT :

They mean the same thing ( although flammable doesn't really exist????) and the opposite to inflammable is nonflammable..according to the sources I have researched.....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:28:49 PM by Debbie Dunkley »
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 02:37:58 PM »

I remember the days when flammable was the opposite to inflammable....apparently not anymore.

EDIT :

They mean the same thing ( although flammable doesn't really exist????) and the opposite to inflammable is nonflammable..according to the sources I have researched.....

From good old Wikipedia...
Historically, flammable, inflammable and combustible meant capable of burning.[1] The word "inflammable" came through French from the Latin inflammāre = "to set fire to," where the Latin preposition "in-"[2] means "in" as in "indoctrinate", rather than "not" as in "invisible" and "ineligible".

The word "inflammable" may be erroneously thought to mean "non-flammable".[3] The erroneous usage of the word "inflammable" is a significant safety hazard. Therefore, since the 1950s, efforts to put forward the use of "flammable" in place of "inflammable" were accepted by linguists, and it is now the accepted standard in American English and British English.[4][5] Antonyms of "flammable/inflammable" include: non-flammable, non-inflammable, incombustible, non-combustible, ininflammable,[citation needed] not flammable, and fireproof.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 02:56:23 PM »

Historically, flammable, inflammable and combustible meant capable of burning.[1] The word "inflammable" came through French from the Latin inflammāre = "to set fire to," where the Latin preposition "in-"[2] means "in" as in "indoctrinate", rather than "not" as in "invisible" and "ineligible".

The word "inflammable" may be erroneously thought to mean "non-flammable".[3] The erroneous usage of the word "inflammable" is a significant safety hazard. Therefore, since the 1950s, efforts to put forward the use of "flammable" in place of "inflammable" were accepted by linguists, and it is now the accepted standard in American English and British English.[4][5] Antonyms of "flammable/inflammable" include: non-flammable, non-inflammable, incombustible, non-combustible, ininflammable,[citation needed] not flammable, and fireproof.

-Ray

Will there be a test on this?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 02:59:06 PM »

-Ray

Yeah, that really burns me up...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 03:32:48 PM »

Welcome to the English language.

Where the contents aren't very contenting.

Though and rough should rhyme with cough through some strange reason, perhaps, why pony and bologna do, they don't.

And no one knows whether it is either read, either read.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 03:34:30 PM »

I want to know if the audit passed prior to the event starting with or without the combustible items beneath stage.

“A fire safety audit was also conducted prior to programme and all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) were followed. A comprehensive inquiry into the incidence of fire will be conducted to ascertain reasons,” Fadnavis had said while ordering for the detailed probe.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 03:52:22 PM »

I want to know if the audit passed prior to the event starting with or without the combustible items beneath stage.

I'm sure it passed with the combustible currency beneath the table.

(Yes, that is an unfair accusation of corruption with no basis in fact.)
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 01:02:26 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/ndtv/videos/10153953174210798/

Wow... not sure if same stage. But that is crazy.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 01:02:26 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 26 queries.