ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ev dx38 settings for ev MTH 2/64b.  (Read 5556 times)

Conrad Muzoora

• Mbarara, Uganda. www.koolinvestments.co.ug
    • Kool Events Uganda
Ev dx38 settings for ev MTH 2/64b.
« on: February 13, 2017, 07:08:07 AM »

Finally my pile of MTH 2/64B has arrived with amps and all. Also purchased two ev dx38 processors as advised on this forum. I intend to run a 4way system, lows will be 4 qrx 218 a side crossed over at 35-90hz, a custom made low mid with 4 15"woofers taking care of 90-170hz, the rest covered by 4 mth2/64B a side. The amps are all qsc, all with a gain of 32db. Problem now is that I have scrolled through the entire dx38 and there's no pre-sets for the MTH. I have no trouble with setting the crossover points but need help with the rest.
Thanks to you all.
Conrad

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Ev dx38 settings for ev MTH 2/64b.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 07:49:31 AM »

Have you downloaded the latest RACE software?  Contacted EV ?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Conrad Muzoora

• Kool Events Uganda
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 10:43:53 AM »

Have you downloaded the latest RACE software?  Contacted EV ?
Sent an e-mail to Ev 6months ago on purchasing the boxes and haven't received any reply. Then I was asking about pre sets for using a dbx 260. That's when I decided on buying the dx38 hoping that my problems would be solved.
So this RACE software might have the settings? I see a port at the back of the dx38 similar to the ones on the dbx260 but I actually never hooked any of my processors on a PC usually I tweek them using the manual buttons and LCD display.
Conrad

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 12:15:46 PM »

Sent an e-mail to Ev 6months ago on purchasing the boxes and haven't received any reply. Then I was asking about pre sets for using a dbx 260. That's when I decided on buying the dx38 hoping that my problems would be solved.
So this RACE software might have the settings? I see a port at the back of the dx38 similar to the ones on the dbx260 but I actually never hooked any of my processors on a PC usually I tweek them using the manual buttons and LCD display.
Conrad

Call them. Email isn't always the right choice contacting vendor support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 12:20:35 PM »

Call them. Email isn't always the right choice contacting vendor support.
It might be that the overseas phone call is hellishly expensive for him... Yeah, I know that if it's important, it's worth it, but it might still be super expensive. I'm assuming EV doesn't have support in Uganda, of course.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 12:25:15 PM »

The processor concurrent with that speaker series was the DX34.  Perhaps searching for that might help.

You can download RACE to your computer and open it without connecting to your 38.  If there is an EV distributor in your part of the world, they should be able to contact the mother ship for you for the relevant parameters/settings.

Edit:

Local contact info from the EV website.

http://electrovoice.com/m/#contacts
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:28:07 PM by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Conrad Muzoora

• Kool Events Uganda
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 11:41:58 PM »

It might be that the overseas phone call is hellishly expensive for him... Yeah, I know that if it's important, it's worth it, but it might still be super expensive. I'm assuming EV doesn't have support in Uganda, of course.

-Ray
You are right it is expensive to call EV from Uganda but in this case i think it might be more practical than ordering another processor. The support in Uganda you would say is non existent. I will try a call today and report back, Michigan is 8hour difference from Uganda. Anyone knows the direct line or extension to tech support? The general contact line is usually very expensive as you have to respond to computers, hold the line for indefinate period to get transferred to the right person.
Conrad

Conrad Muzoora

• Kool Events Uganda
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 03:26:09 AM »

So folks,
After an extensive search online (Thanks to good old google) i found the settings (Links below). Correct me if am wrong please please. These are for a 3way system of MT2. I imagine the subs are MTL2 and tops are the MTH2/64 that are of my interest. The master delay of 2.0ms on the input i imagine applies on the entire system and may not be appropriate for my set up of qrx 218 and Lo-mid, but may be necessary for the tops, so could i just compensate for this in the output delays for the tops?
I will ignore everything on channel 4 output since it was probably not for use in this 3 way set up (But will now do my highs in a 4 way set up).
I will ignore output 1 settings since these are for MTL2 subs.
I will copy and paste some settings for QRX from other programs and try to fine tune it for my application.
This is all just to get me started as i wait to get answers from EV.
http://mypicsonline.net/archive/archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Processors/DX-34/DX-34%20Speaker%20Presets/MT-2%20+%2064B%203-way%20mode%202.pdf
http://mypicsonline.net/archive/archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Processors/DX-34/DX-34%20Speaker%20Presets/MT-2%20+%2064B%203-way%20mode.pdf

Thanks for your inputs and time.
Conrad
www.koolevents.co.ug

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 03:26:09 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.