ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loss of Bass Freq. in the low-mid range of bass guitar  (Read 1975 times)

Arthur Scott

Loss of Bass Freq. in the low-mid range of bass guitar
« on: February 10, 2017, 09:59:06 AM »

Having trouble with a a specific bass playing in losing bass response on his a string. Any suggestions?

Will Knight

• Queens, NY
Re: Loss of Bass Freq. in the low-mid range of bass guitar
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 10:25:26 AM »

Having trouble with a a specific bass playing in losing bass response on his a string. Any suggestions?
Hi Arthur and welcome to PSW forums.  Unfortunately, your question is far too broad for anyone to give any effective advice. Additional information such as whether the Bass is going direct or via an Amp, if you've tried plugging the Bass into another DI Box (or amp), have you checked the PU's for a possible defect, does the sound from the "A" string appear to change or "waver" depending on how soft / hard it's plucked, how long has this happening, etc etc.  Once we get more background, you'll get help.

Bill
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value — Albert Einstein.

Arthur Scott

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 11:04:44 AM »

Hi Arthur and welcome to PSW forums.  Unfortunately, your question is far too broad for anyone to give any effective advice. Additional information such as whether the Bass is going direct or via an Amp, if you've tried plugging the Bass into another DI Box (or amp), have you checked the PU's for a possible defect, does the sound from the "A" string appear to change or "waver" depending on how soft / hard it's plucked, how long has this happening, etc etc.  Once we get more background, you'll get help.

Bill
  Have tried direct out of amp and 2 different DI's with no success. What baffles me is this is not happening thru his cabinet. This is only happening with 1 bassist as I run sound for numberous bands and don't have this problem except with him. If I was to guess I would think it is the PU's, but then again it is not happening thru his cabinet. Baffled.....

Jay Marr

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 11:15:11 AM »

Have tried direct out of amp and 2 different DI's with no success. What baffles me is this is not happening thru his cabinet. This is only happening with 1 bassist as I run sound for numberous bands and don't have this problem except with him. If I was to guess I would think it is the PU's, but then again it is not happening thru his cabinet. Baffled.....

I would think pick up.  Bring to a luthier and have them check it.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 12:11:57 PM »

Why do you think it would be anything other than the instrument?  You have no other instrument or player with this problem.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 05:44:06 PM »

Is this any note on the A string, or only notes within a certain range?  Could be anything from a funky string to cancellation between his amp and the PA.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 05:44:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.