ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hardwired IEM packs. What do you use and why?  (Read 9144 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Hardwired IEM packs. What do you use and why?
« on: February 07, 2017, 09:39:37 AM »

I'm about to chuck all of the poorly implemented Avioms on my stage (2 on one stage, it's a patch nightmare) and replace them with a dedicated monitor desk (CL1) and iphone/ipad apps for local control.

One thing I need to do is buy 5-6 wired headphone amps for the backline guys that never move. What are you guys using for this. Why do you like it, what bugs you about it, what would you get instead?

I've never bought or used a wired pack like this. Just wondering what's out there.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: Hardwired IEM packs. What do you use and why?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 09:43:41 AM »

I'm about to chuck all of the poorly implemented Avioms on my stage (2 on one stage, it's a patch nightmare) and replace them with a dedicated monitor desk (CL1) and iphone/ipad apps for local control.

One thing I need to do is buy 5-6 wired headphone amps for the backline guys that never move. What are you guys using for this. Why do you like it, what bugs you about it, what would you get instead?

I've never bought or used a wired pack like this. Just wondering what's out there.
These Behringer units are of surprisingly good quality and very cost effective.
https://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Signal-Processors/In-Ear-Monitor-Systems/P1/p/P0AZM
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 09:49:34 AM »

I'm not a fan of having to use batteries. If you aren't either, you can use this with one of these.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 09:52:28 AM »

There's also the Rolls PM50 & 351

I looked into the Behringer P1 for an install and ended up suggesting the PreSonus HP2. mainly because it has stereo balanced xlr inputs and a higher reliability rating than the Behringer P1
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »

Whirlwind PW-1. Stereo or Mono. 1/8 or 1/4 jacks. Built in adjustable limiter. Sound quality is very good. About $150. Worth it

http://whirlwindusa.com/new-products/pw-1-personal-wedge/

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 10:16:46 AM »

I'm not a fan of having to use batteries. If you aren't either, you can use this with one of these.

So wait, is the PM1 a stereo amp? Run down a single mic line or what? I dismissed those early on because I thought it was mono. It doesn't specifically say that it's stereo, but it also doesn't say it's mono either.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 10:24:34 AM »

So wait, is the PM1 a stereo amp? Run down a single mic line or what? I dismissed those early on because I thought it was mono. It doesn't specifically say that it's stereo, but it also doesn't say it's mono either.

It's stereo  (or mono) and I use one too. Great little amp and much nicer sounding than some of the other 'B' offerings. I own 2 of the MA400 amps which I used early on and they are awful sounding compared to the P1. Also it can be used with battery or mains. The battery indicator gives a nice long heads -up and can go out easily another hour once the light has illuminated.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 10:28:50 AM »

PM1 isn't an amp. It's an inline volume control (no batteries). It's stereo and I like it because it's small and needs no batteries. Use it with a headphone amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 10:54:26 AM »

PM1 isn't an amp. It's an inline volume control (no batteries). It's stereo and I like it because it's small and needs no batteries. Use it with a headphone amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry - I was referring to the P1 that was mentioned earlier not the PM1..... My bad.

The P1 does NOT need a headphone amp.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 01:58:36 PM »

As you have Dante running around why not get the AM1 from Focusrite or the Model 362 belt pack from Studio Technologies?

I'm got a CL5 at my church and have been thinking of doing the same thing you are thinking of but I haven't gotten the finances yet.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 01:58:36 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.