ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hardwired IEM packs. What do you use and why?  (Read 5969 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: Hardwired IEM packs. What do you use and why?
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 02:45:10 pm »

As you have Dante running around why not get the AM1 from Focusrite or the Model 362 belt pack from Studio Technologies?

I'm got a CL5 at my church and have been thinking of doing the same thing you are thinking of but I haven't gotten the finances yet.
Both are excellent suggestions but add significant cost to a simple setup.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 02:51:01 pm »

Both are excellent suggestions but add significant cost to a simple setup.

Yes Keith at $49.99 , the P1 is hard to beat.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Matt Bauer

• Austin, TX
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 02:59:09 pm »

Behringer P1 for the win. Those things are pretty incredible. I package mine with wall warts so I never use the batteries.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 04:02:43 pm »

Behringer P1 for the win. Those things are pretty incredible. I package mine with wall warts so I never use the batteries.
I forgot to mention the wall wart option. Separate purchase required.
The inputs are 2 x XLR line level balanced and can be set to stereo, or 2 x mono with the pan pot "mixing" between the 2 inputs.
EG: Your drummer can have the mono mix from monitor world and a local click input separate coming up in both ears or left and right ear.
Pretty stout design as well. I was surprised for something that is $50.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 05:23:36 pm »

I forgot to mention the wall wart option. Separate purchase required.
The inputs are 2 x XLR line level balanced and can be set to stereo, or 2 x mono with the pan pot "mixing" between the 2 inputs.
EG: Your drummer can have the mono mix from monitor world and a local click input separate coming up in both ears or left and right ear.
Pretty stout design as well. I was surprised for something that is $50.

Yeah - I just so happened to have a wall wart that was rated correctly and I have been using that with mine. I also keep a couple of the universal ones with high ma rating that have come in handy more than once. The 9v battery does last though a surprisingly long time. 2-3 full shows minimum if I remember correctly ( it's been a while)
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 10:18:51 pm »

As you have Dante running around why not get the AM1 from Focusrite or the Model 362 belt pack from Studio Technologies?

I'm got a CL5 at my church and have been thinking of doing the same thing you are thinking of but I haven't gotten the finances yet.

Do you have the 362 belt pack? I've never heard of Studio Technolgies and that makes me worry a bit. Those devices come out to a out 300 each.

So I could do a 8 ch headphone amp with PM1's which would require pulling some new wire, or I could do the 362's which would require a poe switch upgrade. The price for the dante solution isn't that much more, but again I have no experience with the brand.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 10:28:06 pm »

Do you have the 362 belt pack? I've never heard of Studio Technolgies and that makes me worry a bit. Those devices come out to a out 300 each.

Studio Technologies is one of the most respected names in broadcast audio and intercom. The Model 47 is the best 2 wire to 4 wire interface there is. They have recently started incorporating Dante into many of their products. I would have no concerns about anything they make.

Mac

MikeHarris

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 07:48:49 am »

StudioTechnologies is also the OEM for the Focusrite AM1. We have supplied a AM-1 for monitor control for a hybrid live/recording TF1 for a school.
How many mixes do you think the CL1 can make ?
We did this for a church using the Allen & Heath DM64 with 8xME-1 for fixed and 8x iPad for the 8 singers.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 08:16:30 am »

How many mixes do you think the CL1 can make ?

A CL1 can do 32 aux mixes plus a stereo mix.

Mac

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 09:31:55 am »

Ok, good to know.

I will need 5 stereo mixes that are hardwired. I'll probably get 6 just because. That will put me in the 1800-2000 range all in to have the convenience of Dante. My stage is already wired (for the avioms) but I'll need a poe switch.

An 8 channel headphone amp plus PM1's and all the snakes and new wire, plus labor to run it, would put me somewhere around 1200-1400 for the project. So the Dante boxes aren't too terribly much more.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 09:31:55 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.