ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless conference mic sytem  (Read 4583 times)

Jim Wilkens

• Marblehead MA
Wireless conference mic sytem
« on: February 02, 2011, 05:47:15 PM »

I have an upcoming show with a client insisting on a wireless conference mic system. Anyone know where this can be rented? Also, can anyone give me some insight as to the reliability and sound quality of these. I know that Beyer, Brahler, and Sennheiser have such systems. I need about 43 stations for a show in March.

My experience has only been one show where the client hired  a guy to bring a system in. He never got it to work and ended up packing up and going home :(

Jim W.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Wireless conference mic sytem
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 08:03:42 PM »

I have an upcoming show with a client insisting on a wireless conference mic system. Anyone know where this can be rented? Also, can anyone give me some insight as to the reliability and sound quality of these. I know that Beyer, Brahler, and Sennheiser have such systems. I need about 43 stations for a show in March.

I'm pretty sure I've used a rental system that was out of Washington DC. It was not wireless, it was the Brahler system that connects together with a daisy chain of 9 pin cable. It worked fine, but is a pain to install because of routing all the custom 9 pin cable. I will try to find out who supplied it.

Mac

Tim Morin

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 05:35:02 AM »

I used 50 of the Beyer Wireless conference system and they worked great, easy to setup of course. Only thing is they run on 2.4ghz and it shut down the hotel wireless internet but never had any drop outs or anything like that. I think VER has them.

Jim Wilkens

• Marblehead MA
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »

Thanks Mac and Tim. I have used a Brahler system and I suggested that but they really want wireless. Tried VER - nope. We quoted it as all UHF mics and they didn't like the price. I'm not so sure this would be much less.

Jim W.

[email protected]

• Traveling Monkey Sound
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 10:35:36 PM »

Hey Jim,

These folks are the brahler dealer for the US and seem to be a substantial rental house... the website is a little unclear as to whether they rent out the wireless systems. But if they don't directly they must know who does.

Conference Microphones
http://www.conferencesystems.com/
[email protected]

Anything that makes a noise is satisfactory to a crowd.

~Charles Dickens

Jim Wilkens

• Marblehead MA
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 12:23:03 PM »

Thanks, Nils. We have contacted them and they do rent.

Steve Roberts

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 01:36:54 PM »

Hi Jim,

I am new to the site and was reading this post. If you have any future events that need wireless conference mics we can also help with renting them to you.  We have a new Sennheiser system that operates in the 5k GHz frequency range and is very shipping friendly.  You can go to www.prolingo.com for more info.

Steve

Julie H. Setbon

• Interpretation Equipment | Conference Systems |ALS
    • Interpretation Equipment - Conference Systems
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 03:49:49 PM »

My experience has only been one show where the client hired  a guy to bring a system in. He never got it to work and ended up packing up and going home :(

Jim W.

There are some majorly improved wireless conference systems out there now. The conferencing systems can be set to change channels dynamically if they experience interference between 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz band. We recently concluded a detailed analysis between Beyerdynamic Quinta, Televic Confidea and Bosch DICENTIS. Contact me and I'll be happy to share results. We're an authorized dealer/reseller for all three conference systems and can also facilitate rentals. See iprobesolutions.com/conference-systems
Julie H. Setbon
iProbe Multilingual Solutions, Inc.
]

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber