ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature List  (Read 25990 times)

Cailen Waddell

Re: Feature List
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 07:43:19 PM »

Here is the same code in a newer prettier json type wrapper.

Very cool Scott.  And thank you!  Topics like this are where I miss like buttons...

I have experience working in a number of commercial event/facility management databases that handle equipment and room bookings as well as POS, class and membership registration, etc...  Higher Ed based and Parks and Rec based.  Current Day job is transitioning to a salesforce based system... 

Anyway, I'm pretty good at defining workflows and such, and may have some other skills that could be helpful.  Happy to pitch in where ever I can

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »

Very cool Scott.  And thank you!  Topics like this are where I miss like buttons...

I have experience working in a number of commercial event/facility management databases that handle equipment and room bookings as well as POS, class and membership registration, etc...  Higher Ed based and Parks and Rec based.  Current Day job is transitioning to a salesforce based system... 

Anyway, I'm pretty good at defining workflows and such, and may have some other skills that could be helpful.  Happy to pitch in where ever I can

Thank you.  The reason I am going into considerable detail on the platform is my firm belief in modern design tools.  The process of writing, testing and maintaining procedural code is daunting and it is almost impossible to work as a group.

With this stuff if you name your tables and functions well it almost self documents.  Easy to add functionality.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Samuel Sjöbergsson

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2017, 04:01:18 PM »

Will it be possible to have like a template for what parameters should exist for a item, preferably different for different categories?

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 08:28:58 PM »

So I've had my first experience with Flex over the past couple of days, and something I asked about (that it doesn't have) is solid access restrictions. I'm just subbing in at another company, helping them with some warehouse work. But, I won't have my own login into Flex, which means I am working under someone else's name... and if I screw up, there's no way to show who actually screwed up. There's no access control available to give me a log in without me being able to poke through internal company details; pricing, quotes, etc- things I don't need to see (and would be a security risk for a non-employee to see/have access to!).

So,this project should include an easy way to have user levels, including one as basic as "Warehouse only, pick/prep/receive shows."

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 10:04:27 PM »

So I've had my first experience with Flex over the past couple of days, and something I asked about (that it doesn't have) is solid access restrictions. I'm just subbing in at another company, helping them with some warehouse work. But, I won't have my own login into Flex, which means I am working under someone else's name... and if I screw up, there's no way to show who actually screwed up. There's no access control available to give me a log in without me being able to poke through internal company details; pricing, quotes, etc- things I don't need to see (and would be a security risk for a non-employee to see/have access to!).

So,this project should include an easy way to have user levels, including one as basic as "Warehouse only, pick/prep/receive shows."

-Ray

Uh - if you don't get your own log in they have no f*cking clue how to use flex. 

It does have solid access restrictions.  It's role based so they might have to create a new role for you but it's there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »

Uh - if you don't get your own log in they have no f*cking clue how to use flex. 

It does have solid access restrictions.  It's role based so they might have to create a new role for you but it's there
Yeah, idk. I brought it up today, and the warehouse manager was absolutely adamant that this was a feature/ability that they "will eventually have," but it wasn't there now. Then again, they were also arguing with me, telling me that the 600mhz wireless ranges had already been sold off to emergency use, and I was like "ummm, pretty certain that hasn't been completed yet." Oh well.

Not worth my time worrying about it! If they don't care about documenting what people do, then I'm not going to worry. :)

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 08:54:25 PM »

Yeah, idk. I brought it up today, and the warehouse manager was absolutely adamant that this was a feature/ability that they "will eventually have," but it wasn't there now. Then again, they were also arguing with me, telling me that the 600mhz wireless ranges had already been sold off to emergency use, and I was like "ummm, pretty certain that hasn't been completed yet." Oh well.

Not worth my time worrying about it! If they don't care about documenting what people do, then I'm not going to worry. :)

-Ray

To relate this back to why I like this project, I love data and computer and organizing it, etc.  And I found flex hard to use.  Building workflows was difficult.  The documentation lacking.  It's something I look forward to with this is good feature sets without having to be a database programming expert to manage your instance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 08:59:25 PM »

Yeah. It does depend on how busy your shop is-- I am coming to appreciate the benefits of computerized inventory and rental management systems, and things like real-time updates of picking needs is nice (and the project managers can see, also in real time, where the pull progress is), but it does take a team effort to jump on board. I'm sitting here, seeing things where the PM asks for 6 of something, and they list the single pack, and the item comes in 2-packs, but you scan the master 2-pack, and that's not counted as "acceptable" for filling the 6qty need. =-\

Until our company really really grows, I don't see a benefit for changing our processes to something like Flex.
Kelcema Audio

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 02:32:48 AM »

Yeah. It does depend on how busy your shop is-- I am coming to appreciate the benefits of computerized inventory and rental management systems, and things like real-time updates of picking needs is nice (and the project managers can see, also in real time, where the pull progress is), but it does take a team effort to jump on board. I'm sitting here, seeing things where the PM asks for 6 of something, and they list the single pack, and the item comes in 2-packs, but you scan the master 2-pack, and that's not counted as "acceptable" for filling the 6qty need. =-\

Until our company really really grows, I don't see a benefit for changing our processes to something like Flex.

These are the things I think that our little "where's my shit" inventory package will fill this gap.  Since the data is responsive a manager with the right permissions could edit the object as it is picked and solve and issue like this.

I am going on vacation March 11'th and bringing my laptop is still a negotiation point with my wife.  If she capitulates I will have the prototype ready for review when I get back (not much will work in a prototype but to me it's better than storyboards).

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 09:11:23 AM »

These are the things I think that our little "where's my shit" inventory package will fill this gap.  Since the data is responsive a manager with the right permissions could edit the object as it is picked and solve and issue like this.
Well, that can be resolved in Flex as well- because there's no problem with the objects per se, it's how the PM is asking for them. He needs 6 widgets. They travel in cases of two widgets each. He puts it on the pick sheet as six singles, where what he SHOULD ask for is 3 of the two packs [different SKU for the two packs], then it would have been seamless on the warehouse end. I COULD have substituted in 3-2 packs (and been able to simply scan the case barcode) but ATM it was quicker to just open up each case and scan each widget individually.

So, a good feature for this would be intuitively knowing that the 2-pack fills the need for 6 singles, and so scanning a multi pack barcode would have inserted qty of singles needed into the appropriate area. I could have thus scanned the 2-pack of widgets and the pick qty needed of single widgets would automagically go from 0 to 2. [Instead of presenting me an error message, "This item isn't requested, but is available." Because technically it's NOT available since there's only 6 widgets in the warehouse, and once I send all 3 of the two packs out, none will remain and be available.] This way, the PM can choose whichever sku (single widget, multi pack) is convenient for him to choose, and it can be filled in whatever manner is convenient for the warehouse.

(Since I haven't gone back and read the features list since getting my first hands-on experience with Flex, I'm hoping this wasn't already covered! :) )

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 09:11:23 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.