ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL VTX A12  (Read 36267 times)

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
Re: JBL VTX A12
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 07:54:55 AM »

Ah ok, fair enough. It read like perhaps you had some inside scoop on it. :)

-Ray

I would say that Todd (" I have 36 A12's sitting in my shop. I also have V25's, V20's, S28's, G28's") is qualified to offer better observations and have more "inside scoop" than any factory people.  If I want to know how a race car really performs -where it's strengths and weaknesses lie-  I'd rather talk to the driver than the designer.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 08:19:37 AM »

I'm just a JBL rental house. I have 36 A12's sitting in my shop. I also have V25's, V20's, S28's, G28's. I don't feel it's my place to speak to anything regarding pricing as that would be between a potential buyer and their JBL rep.

Hey Todd,
Where are located and do you know when you may have the new rig out?
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 10:54:47 AM »

I would say that Todd (" I have 36 A12's sitting in my shop. I also have V25's, V20's, S28's, G28's") is qualified to offer better observations and have more "inside scoop" than any factory people.  If I want to know how a race car really performs -where it's strengths and weaknesses lie-  I'd rather talk to the driver than the designer.
Oh, understood. But, when he first posted in January about it, and how it was all many ways better than the 88s, and that was 3+ months before the actual release date- that means either he's a dealer with a great relationship with Harman and thus got a pre-release demo, or he works for JBL, and thus is working with the boxes already. Either way, there was something "Scoop" about it, and I was curious as to what.

As we all know, (and what you said) the marketing hype from a factory person/demo agent is going to be different than what you would get from a hands-on-user-in-the-field, so until Todd's post yesterday explaining who he was (that he has a pile on his shop floor already), it was hard to say what the deal was.

... that he already has 36 on his shop floor and they were JUST released does speak quite a bit to his pull/influence. I don't think these are going to be cheap boxes... haha. I might have to sell my neighbour's house again to buy some. :D

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 10:56:09 AM »

Hey Todd,
Where are located and do you know when you may have the new rig out?
If I had to guess, I'd say Illinois.

-Ray "googles names" Aberle
Kelcema Audio

Todd Friemuth

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2017, 06:12:46 PM »

Yes, I'm located in northern Illinois. We are still waiting for the bumpers and covers to be delivered. I don't expect to rotate them in to use until mid May most likely.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 06:58:28 PM »

Yes, I'm located in northern Illinois. We are still waiting for the bumpers and covers to be delivered. I don't expect to rotate them in to use until mid May most likely.

... interesting that the bumpers and covers haven't arrived yet! I've reached out to my dealer about pricing, and he's mentioning a 36 box minimum order. Ack!!

-Ray

Kelcema Audio

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 07:34:14 PM »

I am finding it interesting that Clair with the Cohesion series and the A12 from JBL (and maybe the RCF HD50 series though maybe not quiet in the same league) are using 12" and not 15" LF drivers.  Drivers.  Are these really "arena" size rigs, and not "stadium" rigs, or has 12 become the new 15?  Thoughts?

Keith Erickson

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 08:07:13 PM »

... interesting that the bumpers and covers haven't arrived yet! I've reached out to my dealer about pricing, and he's mentioning a 36 box minimum order. Ack!!

-Ray

It is actually a minimum of 32x A12 plus 24x subs (G28 or S28) plus power and rigging / transport accessories....Minimum system requires 12x IT-4X3500HD for A12 and 12x IT-12000HD for subs.

As stated before, if you want more detailed info on what they cost...contact your local Harman Rep.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2017, 08:25:07 PM »

It is actually a minimum of 32x A12 plus 24x subs (G28 or S28) plus power and rigging / transport accessories....Minimum system requires 12x IT-4X3500HD for A12 and 12x IT-12000HD for subs.

As stated before, if you want more detailed info on what they cost...contact your local Harman Rep.
WOO HOO! Half mil pretty much. That's like everything my company has spent, to date, all at once. Sounds like the Unicorn of the Next Level. Hahaaa.
Kelcema Audio

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2017, 11:48:23 PM »

WOO HOO! Half mil pretty much. That's like everything my company has spent, to date, all at once. Sounds like the Unicorn of the Next Level. Hahaaa.

That exactly tracks the db$ - kinda the Moore's law of audio business

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2017, 11:48:23 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 24 queries.