ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minidisc Sound Quality better than MP3  (Read 19523 times)

Neil Cox

Re: Minidisc Sound Quality better than MP3
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2017, 01:12:56 AM »

Take few pictures of you current set up with the Ipad connected to your mixer, amplifier, ect. and then take a couple pictures of the ends of the cables you use to make the connecting. Post them here so we can take a look.
Hi Mike ok mate I shall do this on my next Gig Saturday and post pictures I use quality leads etc Cordial from Thomann. I shall post on this Saturday for you and thank you for your help very much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil Cox

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2017, 01:17:33 AM »

Neil,
You said that you now (recently) started to hear a difference in quality compared to the MiniDisc.  It has been 2 years since the change.  Think about it.  If there was a change in quality due to the file format, you would have noticed the greatest difference immediately since the comparison to the old vs new would be fresh.  Since you didn't know it (seemingly) at the time, it must be something other than the change to MP3 alone.
Hi David, I've noticed the change since I moved onto iPad playing the tracks.
My other player is a Cortex USB player I shall post picture of that Cortex 500 I think that's the model. I will post all my leads and iPad also the Cortex to. Thank you for your help, I notice the sound is thinner with the iPad and less louder, than the Cortex player which is USB front face loaded rack mounted player.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2017, 01:32:52 AM »

He's not  a troll Scott... I have been messaging back and forth - he just wants to learn and not waste money making changes to his equipment.

I didn't say he was a troll.  Read what I wrote.  I said probably just a lost soul.

Surely someone will be able to direct him to some resources so he can understand.  Most of us have engineering backgrounds I don't know how to help someone who basically has been in a time capsule for 20 years and get them up to speed on digital audio nuances.  A part of me wonders if he isn't better off paying someone to help him transfer his tracks and spend his time on his performing skills.  Isn't that what we are for? 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Neil Cox

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2017, 01:34:13 AM »

Neil,
You said that you now (recently) started to hear a difference in quality compared to the MiniDisc.  It has been 2 years since the change.  Think about it.  If there was a change in quality due to the file format, you would have noticed the greatest difference immediately since the comparison to the old vs new would be fresh.  Since you didn't know it (seemingly) at the time, it must be something other than the change to MP3 alone.

Neil Cox

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2017, 01:37:29 AM »

Hi David, I've noticed the change since I moved onto iPad playing the tracks.
My other player is a Cortex USB player I shall post picture of that Cortex 500 I think that's the model. I will post all my leads and iPad also the Cortex to. Thank you for your help, I notice the sound is thinner with the iPad and less louder, than the Cortex player which is USB front face loaded rack mounted player.

This is what I use besides the ipad, I use this Cortex player 500 greater sound on this than the ipad

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2017, 08:23:16 AM »

I didn't say he was a troll.  Read what I wrote.  I said probably just a lost soul.

Surely someone will be able to direct him to some resources so he can understand.  Most of us have engineering backgrounds I don't know how to help someone who basically has been in a time capsule for 20 years and get them up to speed on digital audio nuances.  A part of me wonders if he isn't better off paying someone to help him transfer his tracks and spend his time on his performing skills.  Isn't that what we are for?

Didn't say you did Scott - just wanted you to know that Geert 's comment was unfounded.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2017, 08:23:16 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.