ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anybody laid hands on the new Elation Fuze lights yet?  (Read 4153 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Has anybody laid hands on the new Elation Fuze lights yet?
« on: January 24, 2017, 03:12:42 PM »

http://www.elationlighting.com/fuze-series

We are looking at a lighting upgrade fairly soon. I'm wanting to go 100% LED because the fixtures are difficult to access on a regular basis.

This is for a bigger Cowboy Church and flashy lights are typically a turn off for this crowd. So these LED's that look like traditional lights are a good option. They won't trigger the curmudgeons and I would still get the benefits of modern LED lighting.

For those that might be dealers or have demoed them how do they look? We need them to be video friendly as we have a full 5 camera video crew and are going to 4K sometime soon as well. Are these lights bright? Are they robust? Quiet?

I would be looking mostly to replace my front lighting par can set up, with a mixture of fixed and moving head LED washes. This lineup has both. They have a great understated look, Doesn't have a litebrite front panel, and should play well with video, and they are reasonably priced! I'm anxious to hear what users have to say!
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Rick Powell

Re: Has anybody laid hands on the new Elation Fuze lights yet?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 01:14:10 AM »

http://www.elationlighting.com/fuze-series

We are looking at a lighting upgrade fairly soon. I'm wanting to go 100% LED because the fixtures are difficult to access on a regular basis.

This is for a bigger Cowboy Church and flashy lights are typically a turn off for this crowd. So these LED's that look like traditional lights are a good option. They won't trigger the curmudgeons and I would still get the benefits of modern LED lighting.

For those that might be dealers or have demoed them how do they look? We need them to be video friendly as we have a full 5 camera video crew and are going to 4K sometime soon as well. Are these lights bright? Are they robust? Quiet?

I would be looking mostly to replace my front lighting par can set up, with a mixture of fixed and moving head LED washes. This lineup has both. They have a great understated look, Doesn't have a litebrite front panel, and should play well with video, and they are reasonably priced! I'm anxious to hear what users have to say!

These look a lot like the Chauvet Pro Colorado Solo series. I haven't used either one, but the Colorado Solo 1's have been panned a little bit in the theatrical lighting forum for their lack of brightness at the wide flood setting, while being OK on the narrowest "spot" setting of the zoom. No such complaints about the Solo 2 and 3, which are higher wattage and output. Most reviews on the Colorado Solo series are very complimentary on the color mixing and lack of shadows. The Elation Fuze series runs about $100 more retail than the equivalent lights in the Colorado Solo series.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 06:31:24 PM »

I like that the Fuze series has fixed pars and Moving heads in the same family. The Chauvet Solo's look to have higher output though. What to do, what to do.....
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 10:17:32 PM »

I don't really have a constructive suggestion, but whatever you end up getting please post back with the results.  I'm considering adding some latest model LED Pars to my inventory in the somewhat near future and am on the fence between fewer, nicer units versus plentiful but lower-end fixtures such as the SlimPAR Pro Hs...  Not exactly apples to apples, but I'll be curious to hear the outcome of your decision.  Good luck!

Steve Kosiba

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 06:02:18 AM »

The Elation Fuze series are great, both the moving and static fixtures.  They do not loose as much intensity at the wide zoom setting as some other LED zoom fixtures.  I've had a demo of both the Wash Z120 and the Par Z60, and they're great units.  I saw the Wash Z350s at LDI and they are absolutely amazing.  If you're looking for big LED punch with a soft edge, they're the way to go.  The colors don't get as saturated as a MAC Aura or the Chauvet Rogue Washes, but in frontlight you're not looking for super saturated color.  They make fantastic white colors and have a great field quality.  I haven't used them on a show yet, but everything I saw at LDI and in the private demo was all pointing towards these being perfect for exactly the kind of thing you're doing.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 10:03:47 AM »

The Elation Fuze series are great, both the moving and static fixtures.  They do not loose as much intensity at the wide zoom setting as some other LED zoom fixtures.  I've had a demo of both the Wash Z120 and the Par Z60, and they're great units.  I saw the Wash Z350s at LDI and they are absolutely amazing.  If you're looking for big LED punch with a soft edge, they're the way to go.  The colors don't get as saturated as a MAC Aura or the Chauvet Rogue Washes, but in frontlight you're not looking for super saturated color.  They make fantastic white colors and have a great field quality.  I haven't used them on a show yet, but everything I saw at LDI and in the private demo was all pointing towards these being perfect for exactly the kind of thing you're doing.

Sounds great. These are definitely getting a demo then.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 10:03:47 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.