ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Receptacle Cover Plates  (Read 20079 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Re: Receptacle Cover Plates
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2017, 12:39:35 PM »

I momentarily thought about using battery power for a recording console back in the 70's before realizing that was just a lazy approach to design engineering.

JR

Yes, but give the target market, what is the definition of good engineering?  Is it what makes sense physically/fiscally or what fattens the bottom line the most?
Steve Swaffer

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2017, 02:33:28 PM »

Yes, but give the target market, what is the definition of good engineering?  Is it what makes sense physically/fiscally or what fattens the bottom line the most?
This would amount to marketing engineering to exploit a favorable (shaky) perception... (DC batteries don't make hum). I dismissed this almost immediately back decades ago when I wasn't as smart as I (think I) am now.  8)

One mental exercise that I think is instructive in this case, is "what about the battery chargers" so the batteries don't go dead or sag during a long recording session? To never sag, the charger would need to replace the full console current draw. In effect the battery then becomes a large, heavy, chemical PS reservoir capacitor, that will be more expensive and need to replaced more frequently than capacitors.

I suspect a few phools would buy one (fool and his money are soon parted)... but I don't even like talking with such people, let alone being dependent on them to earn a living.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2017, 01:41:39 PM »

It turns out that Snake Oil is still a viable business.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2017, 03:49:06 PM »

It turns out that Snake Oil is still a viable business.

I've got an idea for a new product: receptacle terminators. Basically, it would more or less be like those plastic baby-proofing plugs, but would "protect" the power from reflections (like the terminators on the end of an old 10Base-2 Ethernet coax run do) and who-knows-what-else we can think of.

So how should we design this (materials, etc.) and how can we describe it in our marketing materials directed toward audiophiles?
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2017, 05:25:54 PM »

I've got an idea for a new product: receptacle terminators. Basically, it would more or less be like those plastic baby-proofing plugs, but would "protect" the power from reflections (like the terminators on the end of an old 10Base-2 Ethernet coax run do) and who-knows-what-else we can think of.

So how should we design this (materials, etc.) and how can we describe it in our marketing materials directed toward audiophiles?

We created a tritium laced gold titanium alloy with arcane naquadria treatment coupled with graphene laced diamond stratus forged in an electromotive induction field (utilizing faraday and Lenz and Maxwell's theories) using bond dipole moments to create a polarized planck energy receptacle terminator that will bring your ears to life with its sonic purity and Voraciousness.

We have specialized our processes by utilizing a quasi-state polymorphic ferrofluid much like what existed during the planck epoch and bombarding this fluid with quantium stellar radiation in a tachyonic field we have created a specialized Bose–Einstein condensate that is used as a curing process for our device.

Watch as our test equipment proves that our termination device cleans up the power delivered to your equipment through the old household wiring.

For maximum effect, purchase additional items from our trusted friends and comrades.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2017, 06:07:34 PM »

Too late, I've actually seen these.  They're basically shunts meant to be at the ends of a house's wiring to keep all those bad noises from bouncing around the house.

http://www.elusivedisc.com/AudioPrism-Quiet-Line-MkIII-Power-Filter-1-Each/productinfo/AP-QUIETL1/

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2017, 07:26:08 PM »

Too late, I've actually seen these.  They're basically shunts meant to be at the ends of a house's wiring to keep all those bad noises from bouncing around the house.

http://www.elusivedisc.com/AudioPrism-Quiet-Line-MkIII-Power-Filter-1-Each/productinfo/AP-QUIETL1/

But those are two prong devices. They don't protect from problems on the ground wire.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2017, 07:35:18 PM »

Nobody will buy them, they're only $40, add a couple of zeros to the price and everyone will think they really must work and buy them without question!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:36:26 PM by Mike Caldwell »

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2017, 07:47:01 PM »

Outlets and covers ?  Ok  how about unplugged ?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2017, 07:47:01 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.