ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Kick Drum Mic?  (Read 127874 times)

Curtis H List (Too Tall)

Re: Best Kick Drum Mic?
« Reply #220 on: June 01, 2019, 11:18:20 am »

::) Figured I'd get this one out of the way. I'll answer that it is situational, what sound I am looking for determines which mic I select. Therefor there are many, "BEST" kick drum mics.

First find kick drums that sound good...

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #221 on: June 09, 2019, 04:51:33 am »

The MikTek mics are rather large, yes. The clamps are the hardest thing to deal with. Despite their mass, I have had no problem getting them to integrate with a drum system and get a good sound. The overall sound is great. I wouldn't say it's the best I have ever heard, but most certainly far from the worst and certainly easier to get to where I want. The stuff I really want isn't cheap and isn't practical for most of my clientele. The MikTek stuff is about as expensive as I can reasonably justify and honestly gives me an option that is better in overall quality than what most all in my area is offering. I am basically offering big house choices from a small house provider. I think I will eventually get a Beta52, but only because I do actually like it and it is pretty much a standard option now. I think I will also get an Audix D6 too for much of the same reason. Between the Beta 91, Beta 52, D6 and PM11 options, I would be covering just about every engineers " I will accept that " list. I am not a fan of utilizing two kick drum mics and prefer a single mic solution and each of these options seem to make a single mic approach work, having them all is sure to make any engineer be comfartable.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Gunther Mai

« Reply #222 on: June 09, 2019, 11:36:12 am »

Wonder why beyerdynamic tgd71 (c) is never mentioned here:
Sounds great as 'stand alone' kick mic, not as 'typical boundary' as its competitors.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #222 on: June 09, 2019, 11:36:12 am »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 23 queries.