ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Protection Net for stage  (Read 3116 times)

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
Protection Net for stage
« on: January 19, 2017, 04:36:18 PM »

Does anyone know of or have any companies or solutions for an automated protection net?

I've found Draper and TS sport and i'm contacting them for a solution.

Basically I have a multi-purpose room that has sports (basketball, soccer, frisbee, wrestling, etc) in it during the day and a band on a stage that is cut into one of the walls on the weekends.

Stage needs to have a protection screen/net. Currently, it has a manual one made out of bird net, but that is falling apart and i'm looking for a fully automated solution.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
Re: Protection Net for stage
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 01:34:20 AM »

First thing I thought of when I saw your post this afternoon was the Blues Brothers chicken wire stage at the Country Bunker.  But what about a stage curtain?  It would be heavy enough to stop all but the most deliberately thrown sports equipment, should be fire resistant and might even dress up the hole in the wall you're calling a stage!  :)
This space for rent

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 01:51:25 AM »

First thing I thought of when I saw your post this afternoon was the Blues Brothers chicken wire stage at the Country Bunker.  But what about a stage curtain?  It would be heavy enough to stop all but the most deliberately thrown sports equipment, should be fire resistant and might even dress up the hole in the wall you're calling a stage!  :)

I think that's before my time haha.

Can this new stage curtain go up/down and be see-through? They sometimes setup scoring tables behind the net for their sport functions.

Also, there's no room on the sides to be able to retract a curtain.

Good idea. I've sent emails to nearly every single netting manufacture out there, I guess we shall see what they say. *shrug*

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 07:58:15 AM »

I think that's before my time haha.

Can this new stage curtain go up/down and be see-through? They sometimes setup scoring tables behind the net for their sport functions.

Also, there's no room on the sides to be able to retract a curtain.

Good idea. I've sent emails to nearly every single netting manufacture out there, I guess we shall see what they say. *shrug*

The only automated systems that I have seen similar to what you are describing are the security covers that lock down over storefronts.  They are not really net but are linked rods that roll up like a projection screen when not in use. 

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 12:03:13 PM »

Why does it need to be motorized?  I'm curious as that puts a huge burden on cost.  A theatrical curtain track weighs less, is easier to install, and should be able to do the same thing...

Or call a garage door place for a roll up chain link security door like others have suggested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 12:22:52 PM »

Large gyms frequently have divider nets that drop down to partition the gym into two spaces.  Maybe something like that?

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 12:45:01 PM »

Large gyms frequently have divider nets that drop down to partition the gym into two spaces.  Maybe something like that?

EXACTLY like that! That's exactly what I'm looking for.

I wasn't sure what I was looking for at first, but I'm much closer to using the correct terminology.

I found a few companies that do drop down batting cage netting and gym netting dividers and sent out emails, waiting on replies.

Why does it need to be motorized?  I'm curious as that puts a huge burden on cost.  A theatrical curtain track weighs less, is easier to install, and should be able to do the same thing...

Or call a garage door place for a roll up chain link security door like others have suggested

I forgot to mention the size. ~40ft wide by ~20ft tall. Quite a large security door made out of metal...

Motorized so that it is volunteer & staff friendly.

There is currently a manual netting that raises and lowers; but that is falling apart and they have asked me to furnish a solution.

This seems like it should do the trick :)
http://www.draperinc.com/gymequipment/productdetail.aspx?detail=184

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 01:15:53 PM »

Bob's Country Bunker, we have both kinds of music - country AND western.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 01:15:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.