ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL SRX835p - Full Protect Mode, No output (Fault Indicator ON in AA)  (Read 1397 times)

Arjun Bhandari

Hey Everyone,

I own 2 JBL SRX835p speakers, one of which has recently gone into protect mode permanently. It was working fine at a soundcheck of an event I was doing, but then suddenly stopped working and shut off. It is now 2 weeks later and I still haven't been able to figure out what is wrong. I plugged it into AudioArchitect and the fault indicator was lit up red. All it says that the amplifier has shutdown to protect. I haven't been able to find any useful info through audio architect or through any online source (so far).

The amp does turn on, when I plug in a source the input meters work as they should but there is no output and there is a big "PROTECT" icon under the output meter.

I wanted to reach out to everyone here to see if anyone has an idea as to what has gone wrong and/or how to fix it. I want to believe that I don't need to buy a new amp module but the more I think about it, its becoming more and more likely that I will have to.

Thanks in advance,
Arjun

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: JBL SRX835p - Full Protect Mode, No output (Fault Indicator ON in AA)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 05:18:56 pm »

Hey Everyone,

I own 2 JBL SRX835p speakers, one of which has recently gone into protect mode permanently. It was working fine at a soundcheck of an event I was doing, but then suddenly stopped working and shut off. It is now 2 weeks later and I still haven't been able to figure out what is wrong. I plugged it into AudioArchitect and the fault indicator was lit up red. All it says that the amplifier has shutdown to protect. I haven't been able to find any useful info through audio architect or through any online source (so far).

The amp does turn on, when I plug in a source the input meters work as they should but there is no output and there is a big "PROTECT" icon under the output meter.

I wanted to reach out to everyone here to see if anyone has an idea as to what has gone wrong and/or how to fix it. I want to believe that I don't need to buy a new amp module but the more I think about it, its becoming more and more likely that I will have to.

Thanks in advance,
Arjun

Still under warranty,  most likely.  It needs a trip to Doctor Fix It.  This cannot be repaired by the end user and it will not heal itself.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: JBL SRX835p - Full Protect Mode, No output (Fault Indicator ON in AA)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 05:18:56 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 23 queries.