ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DiGiCo SD12  (Read 13982 times)

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
DiGiCo SD12
« on: January 18, 2017, 10:27:22 PM »

Looks like the newest of the SD line has been released.  Not a ton of info out yet, but it looks like:
72 Flexi input channels overall, and on the surface: 8 mic/line inputs, 8 analogue outputs, 8 AES I/O and 2 DMI Expansion slots.  A few things popping up on the interwebs here and there, but the product page on the website is still login only.

David Buehler

• db Production Services LLC
Re: DiGiCo SD12
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 11:43:07 PM »

Looks like the newest of the SD line has been released.  Not a ton of info out yet, but it looks like:
72 Flexi input channels overall, and on the surface: 8 mic/line inputs, 8 analogue outputs, 8 AES I/O and 2 DMI Expansion slots.  A few things popping up on the interwebs here and there, but the product page on the website is still login only.

I am quite curious on Price and how this will be received in the SD-9/SD-8 range which I am assuming they're targeting since SD-8 is getting pretty old nowadays and the inclusion of the S series' DMI cards seems to indicate a internal hardware tweak, not to mention it looks like it could be a cousin to a D-Live
David Buehler
Owner
db Production Services LLC

Audio - Video - Staging & Roofs - Crewing - Production Management & Design

Jay Brett

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 12:35:31 AM »

I've heard 41k for retail. No clue if that's accurate.

Callan Browne

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rubix
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 03:37:52 AM »

from a Oz dealer:

HARDWARE HIGHLIGHTS
26 Touch sensitive faders
Integrated USB2 Audio I/O
Snapshots
Customisable bank and channel layout
2 DMI for Expansion and External Stage Racks (up to 64 I/O per slot)
Word Clock I/O
8 AES I/O (mono)
8 analogue outs
8 mic line inputs
96kHz as standard

SOFTWARE HIGHLIGHTS
User definable Macros
1 x gate per channel and bus
1 x compressor per channel & bus
Multiband compressors on every channel
 DiGiTubes on every channel
12 x FX engines
16 x assignable 32 band graphic EQs
36 x flexi auxes/buses Mono/Stereo
72 x flexi-channels Mono/Stereo
12 Control Groups (VCA's)
12x8 Matrix

MORE OF WHAT YOU GET
96kHz as standard
8 mic line inputs
8 analogue outs
8 AES I/O (mono)
Word Clock I/O
2 DMI Card slots (up to 64 I/O per slot)
2 Ethernet connections for Networking
Touch sensitive rotaries with integrated switch & HTL
2 x multi-touch screens
24 x touch sensitive moving faders
Customisable bank and channel layout
Snapshots
Integrated USB2 Audio I/O interface for recording and playback of up to 48 channels 40 x Input flex-channels Mono/Stereo (equivalent of 80 DSP channels)
12 x Control Groups
1 x Multiband per channel and buss
1 x Gate per channel and buss (switchable to ducker, or compressor with side chain access)
16 x assignable 32 band Graphic EQs
12x FX engines (reverbs, delays, w/modulation and enhancer)
Melbourne Cover band: Rubix!

Adam Daube

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 07:07:57 AM »

It looks really awesome, SD9 seemed a little small for me, liking the footprint and dual screens. waiting for pricing info from my rep. looks like the took the frame from the s21 ha.

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 12:25:13 PM »

I've heard 41k for retail. No clue if that's accurate.

"Packaged with the SD12, 100M BNC Set and 48-In / 16-Out D2-Rack, the SD12 will cost approximately Ca$ 49,995.00" From Gerr Audio up here in Canada.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 10:32:57 PM »

From what I've seen so far it's the best UI outside of the SD5.  Best onboard IO options of the whole lineup.  It falls down hard by being less capable than a sd9.  I was really hoping for a sd8 replacement, but with the new software it's not really close.  Sd9 with h a d2 rack is  5 figures less too.  Color me confused.

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 11:23:09 PM »

From what I've seen so far it's the best UI outside of the SD5.  Best onboard IO options of the whole lineup.  It falls down hard by being less capable than a sd9.  I was really hoping for a sd8 replacement, but with the new software it's not really close.  Sd9 with h a d2 rack is  5 figures less too.  Color me confused.

That's what I was wondering, with the software update doesn't the SD9 do 92 channels? For half the money you get more I/O, unless I'm missing something

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 11:45:35 PM »

That's what I was wondering, with the software update doesn't the SD9 do 92 channels? For half the money you get more I/O, unless I'm missing something

96 vs 72 channels, 48 vs 36 busses.  Not quite half the money those though assuming that 50K CAD listed above is street price and converts to about 37K USD.

Prior to core2 this would have sat in a great place between the 8 and 10.  Now not so much.  It needs core3 right away but I doubt that's gonna happen soon.  I don't think anyone buys a desk for what they dream it might become in the future.

Adam Daube

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 03:35:15 PM »

96 vs 72 channels, 48 vs 36 busses.  Not quite half the money those though assuming that 50K CAD listed above is street price and converts to about 37K USD.

Prior to core2 this would have sat in a great place between the 8 and 10.  Now not so much.  It needs core3 right away but I doubt that's gonna happen soon.  I don't think anyone buys a desk for what they dream it might become in the future.

My rep has it priced at around $36k

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 03:35:15 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.