ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BCF2000 as fader wing to X32 - scene recall noise.  (Read 6369 times)

Kevin Maxwell

Re: BCF2000 as fader wing to M32
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 01:28:05 am »

We have a Midas M32 and the v3 firmware with v3 M32-Edit program. BCF2000 works well (if chattery as expected) using the MC Sonar mode USB attached to the laptop running M32-Edit.

BUT the goal was to define a simple control surface for use just outside the soundroom for simple setups at the church. When we try to use this direct MIDI attach to the M32, we cannot figure out how to setup the parameters so the M32 recognizes the BCF2000. v3 MIDI setup is different than documented in the manuals and very different than the X32 references I find.

No response on Behringer forums to related question. Does anyone here have a BCF2000 working directly attached to a Midas M32?

Best, Mark @C3HTech  C3HUU Social Media Mangler

Since I wrote that over 2 years ago I have used the BCF2000 as a fader expansion wing for the M32. But lately I am using the X-Touch Compact (XTC) and the fader noise when all the faders go all the way down is nowhere near as noise as the BCF2000. The midi implementation on the M32 and X32 is limited so you canít do a lot. You can do faders and mutes and pan but I have never setup pans because I donít use them much. Below is the link to the user manual. And the next one is the link to the BCF2000 download page where a lot of things can be found. But I donít think there is any documentation there to using it with the M32 or the X32. I used to use it with other mixers as a fader wing before we got an M32.

https://media.music-group.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0246/BCF2000_BCR2000_M_EN.pdf
http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Desktop-Controllers/BCF2000/p/P0246/downloads

On the M32 on the Setup page Midi control select Midi in/out. And under both Midi Receive and Midi Transmit select Fader pos CC and Ch Mute CC to start with.

I havenít set up the BCF2000 recently so I am a little bit rusty. You can try the following and see how well I am remembering things. Set this all up with the M32 and the BCF2000 right next to each other and remember to press store (I think it is twice) as you work thru this, or you will lose your work very easily. You will need 2 Midi cables, an in and out on both ends. With one cable run it from the Midi out on the M32 to Midi in on the BCF, then with another Midi cable go from the (I think it is) the Out B on the BCF to the Midi in on the M32. Set the BCF to S3 mode and if that doesnít work try the S4 mode. How to do that is on page 8 section 4.1 in the user manual that I linked to. If when you try to move a fader it is fighting you and it feels like it is stuck that is because you have a midi loop. Try changing the mode from S3 to S4 it is one of those modes you need to be in. If the faders are still fighting you move from the Midi Out B to the Midi out A and the BCF.  Read up on the learn function and you should be on your way to making it work. 
This video shows a lot of what you may need. It isnít the greatest video and it is a little bit confusing but it might answer some of you questions. If you have any more questions I can help you get it working.. I have some notes that I wrote in the manual that came with it so I can dig that out if you need some more help. Can you tell me exactly how you want to use it? How far away from the mixer will the BCF2000 be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcWZnACrnxE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaAndNijxQg

I hope this rambling post helps I am writing this late at night for me.

Lou Kohley

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 01:12:24 pm »

We have a Midas M32 and the v3 firmware with v3 M32-Edit program. BCF2000 works well (if chattery as expected) using the MC Sonar mode USB attached to the laptop running M32-Edit.

BUT the goal was to define a simple control surface for use just outside the soundroom for simple setups at the church. When we try to use this direct MIDI attach to the M32, we cannot figure out how to setup the parameters so the M32 recognizes the BCF2000. v3 MIDI setup is different than documented in the manuals and very different than the X32 references I find.

No response on Behringer forums to related question. Does anyone here have a BCF2000 working directly attached to a Midas M32?

Best, Mark @C3HTech  C3HUU Social Media Mangler

Additionally if you really want to program the bcf2000 you can use BC Manager.
http://mountainutilities.eu/downloads

It's donation-ware. Very powerful for the bcf2000. You can program the midi CCs as well as most any other midi you might need including sysex.

There is a little bit of a learning curve but it's not too difficult. You have to have the bcf in one of the usb modes to program it. And in the stand alone mode to use the midi ports.

PM me if you need help. I don't use my bcfs too much anymore but they are handy to add simple control where I need it.

LOU

ProSoundWeb Community

¬ę Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 01:12:24 pm ¬Ľ

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.