ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NAMM 2017 - Live Sound Rumours?  (Read 17342 times)

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Re: NAMM 2017 - Live Sound Rumours?
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2017, 09:38:00 PM »

There is a current promo where you can get a free DL251 with the purchase of the PRO2. If you consider the normal value of the DL251, that puts the PRO2 very close to what you are asking for.

Yeah, I've looked at it. I'm a Midas dealer as well. Problem is I don't want the "compact" version with 8 input faders, I want the full size. At that rate it gets up there. Though I also have a few DL32 boxes, so theoretically have that covered as well.

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2017, 09:40:36 PM »

What good is something with only four mic inputs and eight line inputs?  Maybe the other way around.

I have tons of small gigs that are 2-4 inputs. Then I can plug in multiple computers and playbacks. Plus USB recording on board for tabbing breakouts. That's pretty much a dream boring corporate job setup.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2017, 01:08:28 AM »

I guess I figured that a $350 mixer (even if it says Midas on it) would be something a bar band would buy.  The small corp application makes sense.  Would a large varsity outfit providing for a varsity DJ use such a box?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2017, 01:11:30 AM »

Am I the only person that thinks that at this price point the existing Behringer XR series was more than sufficient?

To me they are diluting the Midas brand putting by rebadging the XR series.  I think I am going to buy one just to see if it is any different internally than the XR stuff I already have in inventory.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2017, 02:20:29 AM »

Yeah, I've looked at it. I'm a Midas dealer as well. Problem is I don't want the "compact" version with 8 input faders, I want the full size. At that rate it gets up there. Though I also have a few DL32 boxes, so theoretically have that covered as well.

I am looking at the PRO2, not the PRO2C. Free DL251. I don't think the DL32 will work with the PRO series consoles.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Lyle Williams

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2017, 03:25:52 AM »

Am I the only person that thinks that at this price point the existing Behringer XR series was more than sufficient?

To me they are diluting the Midas brand putting by rebadging the XR series.  I think I am going to buy one just to see if it is any different internally than the XR stuff I already have in inventory.

I don't get the MR12 at all.  Maybe it is aiming at the home recording studio market?  It would want to do better than the stereo USB out in the XR12

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2017, 05:03:32 AM »

I know of some places that go from 8pm Fri night until 6am Monday morning-NON STOP!

The gear takes quite a beating going that long

The trick is to leave lots and lots of headroom in the design

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2017, 05:08:18 AM »

I guess I figured that a $350 mixer (even if it says Midas on it) would be something a bar band would buy.  The small corp application makes sense.  Would a large varsity outfit providing for a varsity DJ use such a box?

Why not?  What is the point of bringing out a larger mixer if it means more labor and surface area exposure risk?  Mackies, mixwiz's, and venice's were already being used for this.

Couldn't such a product also be useful for switching live consoles, too?

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 07:16:00 AM »

After the ProX, didn't Midas become a flashy Behringer wrapper? 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Johan Falt

• Sweden/Jonkoping
    • http://www.lucas.se
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 07:36:31 AM »

I've heard rumors about a new VTX-box. A little brother to the V20, in size between 4886 and 4887

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 07:36:31 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.