ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey m4000 power amp wiring  (Read 1412 times)

Bassman1964115

Peavey m4000 power amp wiring
« on: December 30, 2016, 04:57:20 PM »

Hi everyone. New to the forum. I recently joined a small 3 piece band, I'm the bassist and newly appointed sound man. When I joined, I found the band to be using a behringer powered board, older peavey sp5 speakers, and daisy chaining monitors to a 2 ohm load, which I know is bad lol. Also they were using 20 gauge speaker cables for everything. Since joining, I have purchased some 14 gauge speaker cables for monitors. Money is tight, and equipment is still scarce. We are now running Mackie thump 15 for fronts, using the main line level outs on the board. The powered amp in the board isn't loud enough to run monitors, especially 4 of them running a 2 ohm load. Right now we have an older peavey m4000 power amp. I have a carvin 2015 eq. What i wonder, is can I use one side of the eq for the Mackie powered speakers, daisy chaining them, and then using the other side of the eq for a monitor send, splitting the input to the power amp, and then running a 4 ohm load per channel for the monitor? Eventually we are upgrading to powered monitors, but I have a gig coming up and need to know about this wiring option. Thanks!

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Peavey m4000 power amp wiring
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 05:48:38 PM »

Welcome to the Forums! We will find a huge wealth of knowledge here, and we'll be happy to help you out! However, per the Rules of Participation, you do need to post using your Real, Full Name as your Display Name. Would you mind popping back into your Profile and updating your Display Name to reflect your Real, Full Name? Regrettably, we are unable to assist you until you comply!

(Also, you may find your post moved to the Lab Lounge, as the Classic LAB is aimed more towards full time professionals, larger companies, touring acts for Bands You've Heard Of, and the like.)

Thanks!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Peavey m4000 power amp wiring
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 05:48:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.