ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mackie DL32R/DBX PA2+ connectivity problems  (Read 2782 times)

John Bailey Jr.

• Marketplace
Mackie DL32R/DBX PA2+ connectivity problems
« on: January 01, 2017, 01:35:42 PM »

Trying something a little different here. Have a Mackie DL32R, in conjunction with a DBX PA2+ processor. Both run on a Ios program. Is it possible to use an Airport Express WAP, into a 4-port switch connecting both pieces. Could I run both apps simultaneously on my in-crowd Ipad? Tried this last night, but couldn't switch between them. Martin Frye, you gotta solution? Thanks, from Alabama. ROLL TIDE!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:59:38 PM by Craig Leerman »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Mackie DL32R/DBX PA2+ connectivity problems
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 02:07:32 PM »

Trying something a little different here. Have a Mackie DL32R, in conjunction with a DBX PA2+ processor. Both run on a Ios program. Is it possible to use an Airport Express WAP, into a 4-port switch connecting both pieces. Could I run both apps simultaneously on my in-crowd Ipad? Tried this last night, but couldn't switch between them. Martin Frye, you gotta solution? Thanks, from Alabama. ROLL TIDE!

I'm not Martin, but....

My experience is with my iThingy 2 on iOS 9.5(?)  I can't simultaneously run 2 or more apps; they can all be in memory but only 1 runs at a time and switching between them has various degrees of success.  Various iOS processes are running but for the user it's one app at time, thankyouverymuch.  There may be work arounds or newer units may have more capability than my iPad 2 so what you want may be possible but my experience says "no".

Is there such a beast as a PA2+ ?  I ask because dbxpro.com shows a PA2 and a PA+.  The PA2 has Ethernet connection but the PA+ has only USB.

That said, both the mixer and PA2 can be on the same network in the technical sense but how well they play together can't be predicted 100%.  My *guess* is that you'd be okay.  If you have some multi track recordings to use, you can set up your PA2 and mixer and do a virtual soundcheck (without a PA system - you're wanting to see if the mixer data traffic can co-exist with the PA2 data).

You shouldn't need routine access to the drive rack once you have system stuff set, so if you can't get both apps to work together on your iPad, perhaps you might consider an Android tablet for the PA2.  Both the iOS and Android device can be on the same network.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:09:41 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 02:37:48 PM »

As Tim pointed out, you should only have to access the Drive Rack during installation, why do you need to access it from the crowd?  I would like to address your process issue rather than answer your technical one.

WRT iPad access, does your model have Ethernet, they can certainly exist on same network. 

What iPad are you running?  I don't keep track of what fruit devices can do what but you should have an "App Refresh" and an "Multitasking" option.  I do on a my Wife's AIR I am playing with as I type this. 

You can even run two apps at once on the screen of some iPad's if the app is coded for that.

The perception that different WAP's and different gear don't work together is as silly as wondering if one brand mixer will work with another microphone.  The protocols (specifically IP and Ethernet) are device and application independent.  Any APP will run on any WAP or or wired Ethernet network.

Further, I have flagged for moderation to move this discussion ot the lounge, unless you have something to sell also.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 02:37:48 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 25 queries.