ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What DMX cable are you using and where did you get it  (Read 11744 times)

Kevin Esprella

• No Regret Productions
Re: What DMX cable are you using and where did you get it
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 09:32:58 AM »

On a similar note what lengths do you guys use? Also what do you find using more 3ft, 5ft, 10ft, 15ft....?

Steven Leonard

• Sands Productions
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 01:23:17 AM »

It's time for me to stop using mic cables for DMX.

Where are you buying your DMX cable?
What cable are you using?
What ends are you using?

I love Clark & Wire DMX pro cable. Very good quality, wraps great and isnt a bad price ($.44). I also like Neutrik ends. I do all my mic cables with black xlr connectors, and all my DMX with silver.

Thanks

Donnie Evans

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 08:40:08 AM »

On a similar note what lengths do you guys use? Also what do you find using more 3ft, 5ft, 10ft, 15ft....?

All of mine are custom becuase my setup never changes.  Handful of 1.5' jumpers between fixtures on T-bars, 5' lengths to go between tbars on truss, one 25' and one 50' (to go between stagebox and first fixture).   And yes, i run DMX through my snake, control lights from FOH and have no problems. 

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 12:14:54 PM »

I have 6' (yellow heat shrink), 10' (white), 20' (green), 30' (blue), and 50' (red).  I need to order more cabling and may make a couple of 100's but I find 50' the longest I ever need.  If I need more than 50' the male conveniently plugs right into the female.  Same goes for XLR connectors.

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 11:26:14 PM »

We keep ours to the same lengths as our Socapex cable...multiples of 8.  8', 16', 32', 48', 72', 96'.  Which is, of course, the same length as a standard piece of truss.  The intention being, should we ever have to pre-build a truss structure, we can break it at the truss joint.  Or, easily array a truss length with socapex and DMX.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 11:26:14 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.