ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for bar band front wash setup  (Read 28854 times)

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
Re: Suggestions for bar band front wash setup
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 09:43:30 AM »

I didn't necessarily mean it as more "output."  I was more referring to number of fixtures for flexibility.  Sure, i would like to have higher output fixtures but mine work fine for what I do, and even with higher output, it would be hard to throw at least "some" light on every piece of a large stage woth only 8 sources. 

PS. even with the 10mm leds i was surprised at the output.  In tight bar setups i can easily get by with 8 lights and sometimes only use 4.

EDIT:  I'm also not sure about that 199 lux number either?  I have the polished cans and in the manual it has a distance/lux chart and full on is 1026 lux at 1m.  Still not nearly as bright as the 3W led's... but alot closer than that number makes it seem.

199 is way too low for those Wiedamark cans. 
My chauvet Colorsplash Jr's w/less LED's that only have 86 5 mm LEDs put out 436 lumens
I'd bet the 1026 rating is correct  (and is a conservative rating)

Joe Breher

• Front Range, CO, USA
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 09:02:31 PM »

199 is way too low for those Wiedamark cans. 
My chauvet Colorsplash Jr's w/less LED's that only have 86 5 mm LEDs put out 436 lumens
I'd bet the 1026 rating is correct  (and is a conservative rating)

Yeah - I'm thinking there's an error somewhere.

I've read a bit more about lux, and am coming to some sort of understanding. It's an intensity figure - not a power figure. As such, it doesn't really specify 'amount of light' without specifying the area over which this figure is valid.

Seems to me the lighting manufacturers are more loosey-goosey on their specs than the cheesiest fly-by-night musical vendors. Maybe I'm expecting too much specificity from entry level gear manufacturers?

There must be a primer somewhere on the web to learn the engineering discipline behind calculating stage lighting results. Anyone know of one?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 09:02:31 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.