ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording to thumb drive X32  (Read 3911 times)

Aaron Maurer

Recording to thumb drive X32
« on: December 22, 2016, 09:13:15 PM »

I am planning to record tomorrow night off the X32. Never have done it so my question is the default is set to R&L mains is my understanding. I run mono/center subs. Watched a tutorial and it showed where you could select the various locations to record from. I want R&L mains and would need the mono/center as some channels are high/low pass. Can I record those three locations? 

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
Re: Recording to thumb drive X32
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:27:26 PM »

I am planning to record tomorrow night off the X32. Never have done it so my question is the default is set to R&L mains is my understanding. I run mono/center subs. Watched a tutorial and it showed where you could select the various locations to record from. I want R&L mains and would need the mono/center as some channels are high/low pass. Can I record those three locations?

You could use 2 of the matrix outputs if they aren’t already in use and send the L&R and M/C to the matrix and then select the matrix as the signal source in the USB recorder, under RECORDER - config. If you want it to be stereo be sure to link the 2 matrix that you use together.

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 10:49:46 PM »

I've found that certain USB sticks work better than others with my X32's. I don't know what the actual differences are, but some sticks I have will make the board a little glitchy and slow to operate when the stick is in the slot. You should probably have a backup or two, which are completely different models and sizes, until you know which ones work well with your mixer.

Do you really need to record the sub channel? I usually find that my L/R mix is full range, since I let the speaker processor do the job of pulling the lows out.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Aaron Maurer

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 07:14:09 AM »

Do you really need to record the sub channel? I usually find that my L/R mix is full range, since I let the speaker processor do the job of pulling the lows out.

That is what I am not certain. As an example I am cutting the kick to <100hz to the M/C channel. >100hz to L&R mains. If I record the L&R mains only will the low end of the kick be missing?  I would think so? 

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 07:46:49 AM »

That is what I am not certain. As an example I am cutting the kick to <100hz to the M/C channel. >100hz to L&R mains. If I record the L&R mains only will the low end of the kick be missing?  I would think so?

You can put how much you want of the M/C to the matrix you don't have to put it full up. So add to taste as the recipe says.

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 10:42:32 AM »

I also believe that the X32 wants the USB memory stick formated as fat32. 

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 04:55:19 AM »

I also believe that the X32 wants the USB memory stick formated as fat32. 

FAT or FAT32 but FAT32 works better.

I have much better luck with Linux fdisk that using windows.  Never do a quick format.

The Linux version of the x32 edit is great.  It runs fine on old hardware too so get yourself an old laptop and load Mint Linux on it and give it a try.

Instead of recording to the thunk drive you can use Reaper on Linux with the USB interface and make multitrack recordings.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Mauricio Velez

• MV Productions Atlanta
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 04:49:14 PM »

I normally create a post fader stereo mix in a pair of buses that I am not using, normally 7&8 then I add 1 or 2 audience mics to the recording, very important is to "fix" that mix in headphones during the show, as the live mix could be no good for a recording mix, specially drums (as sometimes they are so loud  or the place small, that I only open the kick and snare live) or if the bass amp is big.
Mauricio Velez
https://www.facebook.com/mvproductionsatlanta/
X32 / X32 Rack / Db Technoligies T4 , T12, S30 / QSC K12, Yamaha SM 115V, QSC RMX 850, 2450

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 04:49:14 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.