ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Headsets  (Read 3137 times)

Michael Gorecki

Re: Wireless Headsets
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 01:34:10 am »

Fwiw I find headset style Mics and all actor worn mics to be disposable, in general.   Actors sweat them out, things happen, especially with students and the mic needs significant repair or replacement. 

My first thought would be to make sure the school understands this. 

Then find something that works for your price/quality ratio.   I'm partial to the microphone madness mics, but building our own ear sets dependent upon show needs.  (And before any of my sound guys see this, let me say I don't build them, they do...)

Anyway, we work with enough community groups that even with good care, we replace 2 to 4 out of a dozen each year. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The highschool kids that I've been working with have been destroying their headsets. But they are trying to up their production value, so I'm trying to find them something that will last and have serviceable parts( windscreen, cable). They have been replacing mics over the last several years, so they are familiar with it but I think that they just want something that sounds better. Nobody wants to listen to a distorted voice at any volume.

The Church/ school that I work at has 24 e6's (2x 1/8", 22x TF4) and we've just replaced the 2x 1/8" in the last this year and they were 5 years old. The 2 are primarily used by the pastors and the other 22 are elementary school kids, but the kids have yet to damage any in the last 2 years.

I'm still looking for recommendations on mics.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Wireless Headsets
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 01:34:10 am »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.