ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MiPro mi-909 digital wireless iem  (Read 4945 times)

Robert Lofgren

MiPro mi-909 digital wireless iem
« on: December 18, 2016, 05:30:50 am »

I've just recieved one to try out. I was just wondering if others have tested this system and can offer some insight about some real world abuse.

Tnx!

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
    • Raw Depth Sound, Harrisburg, PA
Re: MiPro mi-909 digital wireless iem
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 08:21:06 am »

I own its predecessor, the mi-808, and absolutely love it. Top quality unit.

Over the course of two or three years, I've given it to dozens of musicians. No one has ever complained of dropouts, interference, or anything for that matter. (It automatically switches channels on-the-fly to circumvent dropouts.) I've used it myself and it does indeed sound excellent.

Looking forward to your review. If the digital version is an improvement, I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 08:24:28 am by Gordon Brinton »
Member since 2005.

Michael Grimaila

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 10:35:40 am »

I've just recieved one to try out. I was just wondering if others have tested this system and can offer some insight about some real world abuse.

Tnx!

I have not personally used these (I have Sennheiser EW 300 system), but one of my local sound companies in Cincinnati Ohio says they are great.  You might try emailing them, as they have been responsive to my questions: http://www.freqcitysound.com/catalog1.0.html.0.html
Behringer X32 / X32 Rack
Soundcraft Si Expression 3 / Soundcraft Mini Stage Box 32 / Soundcraft MADI USB & Dual CAT5 & Dual Optical MADI cards
6 x Sennheiser EW300 G3 / Sennheiser EW572 G3 / Sennheiser EW365 G3 / Sennheiser EW352 G3
2 x Yamaha DSR115 / 2 x QSC KW 118

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 01:11:39 pm »

I've sold many of the Mipro 808 model with never a complaint. I'm hoping they plan to come out with an analog replacement in different frequency groups so the 600 mHz thing is not an issue. I'm sure the digital model has excellent performance but I have concerns that adding one more element of digital delay will contribute to marginal usefulness in systems that may already have several digital components.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, VTC, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, OnPoint Audio, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Road Ready, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, Whirlwind, On-Stage, more...

John Chiara

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 08:54:17 pm »

I've sold many of the Mipro 808 model with never a complaint. I'm hoping they plan to come out with an analog replacement in different frequency groups so the 600 mHz thing is not an issue. I'm sure the digital model has excellent performance but I have concerns that adding one more element of digital delay will contribute to marginal usefulness in systems that may already have several digital components.

Digital mic....digital board...digital in ears...could be trouble.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 09:35:26 pm »

Digital mic....digital board...digital in ears...could be trouble.

Yeah, before long you're gonna run out of 1's.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 10:45:29 am »

I'm hoping they plan to come out with an analog replacement in different frequency groups so the 600 mHz thing is not an issue.

Do you think they will? I wanted to pick up some 808's in the future, but now i'm leaning toward digital even though that's not as wise financially because of the freq range (I didn't realize they only had 600-900Mhz.

One of the retailers in US, so I'm not so sure how unbiased the posts are.

But basically, theres latency from the monitor to ear that might be around the same time as a digital in-ear monitor system or it's not that bad even in worst case situation? I'm sure others can pitch in.

My only concern was whether digital latency would be an issue. Posted latency for the system is 5.84ms. With conventional wedge monitors, I'm already used to hearing about 10ms of latency (I'm 6'5" and I stand maybe 3.5ft from my wedge), so in terms of performance timing, this is actually an improvement. Likewise, anybody playing keys, drums, guitar, bass, etc. will actually be hearing the sound a few ms sooner than they would from monitors or amps by using the MiPro 909. Even horns (I'm a sax player as well as a singer) present no problem from this amount of latency.

I decided to put it this rest here is what I did and I thought I would share my little experiment with you.  The Mipro 909 has a latency of 5.84 ms,  X32 Rack 0.85 ms & I am factoring in 4ms for an future digital guitar wireless.   This comes to a total of 6.69 ms for wired (guitar & vocal mic) sources and for wireless (guitar & vocal mic) approx 10.69 ms.  That latter really scared me on paper.  So what I did to replicate this was to set up a Pro Tools HD session using a TDM delay plugin.  Keep in mind the Pro Tools TDM rig has from what I have read a 2.4 ms latency at 44.1k. So what I did was insert the stock short delay plugin on the microphone channel and set it to 4.2 ms (6.69 ms (Mipro 909 & X32 Rack) - 2.4 ms (Pro Tools HD rig) =  4.19) I popped in my Shure 425's to a wired headphone amp and sang into the mic.  I did notice a very slight comb filter effect.  And as I turned up the volume on the in ears to where I would typically monitor with this was even less noticeable.  Furthermore when I added a little bit of reverb to the vocal this became a none existent issue at that point!  Next I decided to push the envelope and increase the delay with the plug in a bit.  As long as I was below 13 ms - 15 ms total everything seems to be quite usable.
-http://ineargear.com/wireless/mipromi909digital.html
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 10:45:29 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.