ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Speakers, Fraternity Tailgate  (Read 3286 times)

Alex Blackman

New Speakers, Fraternity Tailgate
« on: December 16, 2016, 06:22:54 PM »

Hey there everyone, I was wondering what the best speaker setup for a tailgate would be with specific recommendations on the brands. We are trying to get the loud speakers, but also ones that sound good and will last. We rented 2 Yamaha DSR115s earlier in the year and they were absolutely amazing. Our budget is 1500-2000 dollars.  Let me know what you think, Thanks!

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: New Speakers, Fraternity Tailgate
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 06:26:03 PM »

For a bit less than the DSRs, you can get the DXR12 or DXR15.  Similar great sound.  In your budget.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Alex Blackman

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 06:38:56 PM »

For a bit less than the DSRs, you can get the DXR12 or DXR15.  Similar great sound.  In your budget.
would you recommend getting one DSR115 and getting maybe 2 cheap 12s to connect. If so what 12s would you recommend that wouldnt be too hard on the wallet?

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
New Speakers, Fraternity Tailgate
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 12:36:42 AM »

would you recommend getting one DSR115 and getting maybe 2 cheap 12s to connect. If so what 12s would you recommend that wouldnt be too hard on the wallet?
Do you intend to aim all three speakers at the same area to make it louder than one speaker, or are you trying to cover a wider horizontal area with the 3?

If the first option, don't do it. Read up on phase relationships and comb filtering.

If you want to cover a wider horizontal area, you can set each speaker to cover a different area. Either way, I would buy all the same model speakers. If you need two or three, get some that fit in your budget, or just start with one and save up for more.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 03:25:05 PM »

Hey there everyone, I was wondering what the best speaker setup for a tailgate would be with specific recommendations on the brands. We are trying to get the loud speakers, but also ones that sound good and will last. We rented 2 Yamaha DSR115s earlier in the year and they were absolutely amazing. Our budget is 1500-2000 dollars.  Let me know what you think, Thanks!
Looks like you can get a pair of the DSR115's for that budget here: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DSR115?adpos=1t1&creative=165802491092&device=c&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAiA4dPCBRCM4dqhlv2R1R8SJABom9pHVzUK7lpkwhs_8zMiH500IH_pMf0GRL3CqvXlxBmTUxoCn_vw_wcB

The DXR15's would be my next recommendation.

The difference between the two is that the DSR's will get louder (quite a bit).  The DXR's are lighter and a little less expensive.

The DSR115's are scary powerful speakers.  The DXR15's may have a more balanced frequency response for DJ music though.

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
    • Raw Depth Sound and Raw Depth Video, Carlisle, PA
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 05:16:05 PM »

Tailgate as in...in a parking lot or frat party? How large of an area do you need to cover?

(BTW, I'll never provide a sound system for another frat party. All of my shit ended up with beer all over it. Just saying.)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 05:24:55 PM by Gordon Brinton »
Member since 2005.

Alex Blackman

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 08:01:52 PM »

Haha either honestly i just want specific recommendations on setups with specific models and stuff that are similar to the DSR. And I am truly sorry about your speakers. I assure you that we will be taking very good care of these :).

Alex Blackman

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 08:02:55 PM »

And thanks for the recommendations everyone especially those with links to specific models hint hint :). This forum is the best and has been a ton of help.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 08:02:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.