ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC service???  (Read 5350 times)

brad smith

QSC service???
« on: April 17, 2011, 11:28:07 AM »

Was wondering on feedback on QSC service. Had a job yesterday and my QSC plx3602 worked but the power light never came on. The signal lights worked but the power light never showed it was on. The only way I knew it was working before any audio went through was I heard the sound of when it starts up.

How long do you guys think it will take to get repaired at QSC. also, are there any QSC repair facilities aroound the Houston area. I have a big gig in 2 weeks and wondering on feedback. Sounds like an easy fix.

thanks,

brad

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: QSC service???
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »

What did QSC say when you called them?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jesse Walter

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 12:14:52 PM »

What did QSC say when you called them?

+1

I had a problems with one of my QSC speakers and my local shop had it fixed in less than a week.  But they also stock a lot of QSC parts so they didn't have to order anything.  Most likely no one will give you a time frame until they check your amp out.  You may be able to rent a replacement until its fixed.

David Parker

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 01:52:04 PM »

Was wondering on feedback on QSC service. Had a job yesterday and my QSC plx3602 worked but the power light never came on. The signal lights worked but the power light never showed it was on. The only way I knew it was working before any audio went through was I heard the sound of when it starts up.

How long do you guys think it will take to get repaired at QSC. also, are there any QSC repair facilities aroound the Houston area. I have a big gig in 2 weeks and wondering on feedback. Sounds like an easy fix.

thanks,

brad

LD Systems and Evans both do  QSC work. Last time I called Evans, which was a few years back, they had a backlog. I've used LD before. They do good work, usually in a timely fashion, and they are not cheap, but I don't think they gouge you either. If you have time I'd send it back to QSC. Last one I sent back, they sent me a box for free to ship it in, got it in a couple of days. I think the turnaround from the time I shipped it until I got it back was 2 weeks. That of course could change from time to time. LD would be your quickest turnaround.

http://www.ldsystems.com/si/Parts_Service.htm

http://www.evansmusiccity.com/

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 10:31:02 PM »

thanks,

brad

The new PLXs with the blue on light have had more than their fair share of blue led failures. It doesn't affect the operation of the amp in any way.
Live with it, send it back to mamma or replace it yourself (snot rocket surgery).
M

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 08:49:35 AM »

The new PLXs with the blue on light have had more than their fair share of blue led failures. It doesn't affect the operation of the amp in any way.
Live with it, send it back to mamma or replace it yourself (snot rocket surgery).
M

Call QSC and ask if you can replace the LED without voiding the warranty. Also ask if they'll send you an LED or two, or;

1. Go to store, buy LED.
2. Using screw driver remove covers and circuit board.
3. Using soldering iron replace LED.

Down time = 1 hour
LED cost = $2
Satisfaction = immense.

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Robert Weston

• Power is cheap, reputation is not.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 12:48:39 PM »

A couple of years ago, had a power supply fail in a plx3402 (during a show of course).  Next day, called QSC, they shipped me a box to pack it in.  Sent the amp back to them; QSC called me the following day they received the amp and gave me a summary of the issue and the cost.  Had them repair the amp, next day the amp was shipped back - works great. 

Took about 10 business days (most all of that for shipping the box, and the amp - NC to CA).

Service was great.

Can't say how it would be to have an LED replaced, but for the power supply, I couldn't really find anyone in NC willing to repair it, or at least feel comfortable to repair it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 12:48:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.