ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to get better/louder sound from my current subs. Is it possible?  (Read 22124 times)

Stephen Kirby

Re: Trying to get better/louder sound from my current subs. Is it possible?
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2017, 04:13:41 AM »

Maybe another way for Cesar to look at things is how much sound for how much you have to carry.  Sure, you can get a bunch of cheaper boxes for the same money.  But now you have to move them.  If one top level box makes nearly the same amount of sound as 4 cheap ones, you only have to move one thing.  And if you save up and get another later on, you still have less to move and much more sound.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2017, 07:19:30 AM »

Maybe another way for Cesar to look at things is how much sound for how much you have to carry.  Sure, you can get a bunch of cheaper boxes for the same money.  But now you have to move them.  If one top level box makes nearly the same amount of sound as 4 cheap ones, you only have to move one thing.  And if you save up and get another later on, you still have less to move and much more sound.
And there is much more to it than "simple SPL and freq response".

While a pile of cheap boxes may make the same "noise" as 1 or 2 better subs, the SOUND QUALITY will never be as good as the better subs.

There is A LOT that does not show up on the "simple numbers" such as SPL and freq response.

But if you want to "look impressive", then by all means get a bunch of cheap boxes and pay the extra truck to carry them, the extra speaker cables needed, take longer to setup, more amplifiers, more AC power etc etc.

It all depends on "what you are looking for".  What is important to some people does not mean a thing to others.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Cesar Acosta

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2017, 12:19:19 AM »

I get it and I agree. When I made this post I was just looking at how to get the most from what I already have. I'd definitely like to get better subs, but that's not happening for a few months.

Everyone here has helped me understand a few things better, and have also raised many more questions, which I'll have to do some research to try and understand lol. Thank you all for your advice :)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2017, 07:30:20 AM »

Everyone here has helped me understand a few things better, and have also raised many more questions, which I'll have to do some research to try and understand lol. Thank you all for your advice :)
Once you start to realize what is really going on, you will have more questions than answers.

As soon as  you start to "think" you understand, your knowledge will force you to question even more what you are reading/hearing/experiencing.

Sadly, it seems like you know less and less as you know more and more.

There was a time many years ago that I honestly thought I knew everything about sound.

That was a long time ago, and now I realize how much more I really need to learn.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2017, 12:47:03 PM »

Once you start to realize what is really going on, you will have more questions than answers.

As soon as  you start to "think" you understand, your knowledge will force you to question even more what you are reading/hearing/experiencing.

Sadly, it seems like you know less and less as you know more and more.

There was a time many years ago that I honestly thought I knew everything about sound.

That was a long time ago, and now I realize how much more I really need to learn.

The more I learn, the less I know...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2017, 12:58:04 PM »

The more I learn, the less I know...
Or maybe: The more I learn, the less I fully understand.

There is sooo much more than a simple answer

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2017, 12:58:04 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.