ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover bands  (Read 22471 times)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
Re: Cover bands
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2017, 03:06:54 AM »

Not in my neck of the woods (Boston).
There are 100 guitar players (that are excellent) and it's by far the easiest musician to find here.
Good drummers are the rarity.  YMMV.

God drummers are also rare here in my part of England.

Actually, that's not quite true.  I know half a dozen top quality drummers.  It's drummers who are free to gig which are in short supply.

Steve.

Steve Garris

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2017, 04:39:13 PM »

Are those speakers flown from the handles with ratchet straps?

Yep, and those are PRX500 series tops. I was adamant to everyone involved when those were going up, that I have nothing to do with it!

I had a post here for PA suggestions at this new venue. we where talking anything from an SRX 800 series powered PA to a small Danely rig. But all of that went out the window when we found out the budget was $0.

The sub is a single SRX passive double 18, powered by something (not sure) and processed by a DR260, I believe. It actually sounds better than my single 18's split on either side of the stage. But we need better tops, and I want to turn the left top in towards the dance floor.

Bob Kidd

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2017, 09:46:19 PM »

Yep, and those are PRX500 series tops. I was adamant to everyone involved when those were going up, that I have nothing to do with it!

I had a post here for PA suggestions at this new venue. we where talking anything from an SRX 800 series powered PA to a small Danely rig. But all of that went out the window when we found out the budget was $0.

The sub is a single SRX passive double 18, powered by something (not sure) and processed by a DR260, I believe. It actually sounds better than my single 18's split on either side of the stage. But we need better tops, and I want to turn the left top in towards the dance floor.

515s, sure it struggles to keep up with SRX subs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2017, 09:46:19 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.