ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Avid Profile Waves V9.1 licenses v9.2 won't work.  (Read 6457 times)

Al Rettich

Avid Profile Waves V9.1 licenses v9.2 won't work.
« on: December 09, 2016, 09:21:14 PM »

Anyone else have a issue with Waves V9.1 installed o. A Avid Profile plug in USB key with licenses version 9.2 the plug ins says it can't see the licenses Yes, Waves is enabled. Going to try and reinstall Waves tomorrow.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Avid Profile Waves V9.1 licenses v9.2 won't work.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 09:36:48 PM »

Are you still trying to use the iLok? Waves moved away from iLok with version 9 I believe. Have to use a USB key, not sure if Avid supports that or not on their live consoles.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 09:41:16 PM »

Anyone else have a issue with Waves V9.1 installed o. A Avid Profile plug in USB key with licenses version 9.2 the plug ins says it can't see the licenses Yes, Waves is enabled. Going to try and reinstall Waves tomorrow.

We have the last version of TDM for Venue Waves, 9.something.  My licenses are on a conventional USB thumb drive.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Nikhil Mulay

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 10:25:44 PM »

It's happened to me before.. Try removing and putting back the licences in the thumb drive.. Also as a precaution write protect the license file. Works for me so far.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 11:27:57 PM »

Last time I had a problem with a licence not being recognized, the Waves support folks told me to put it on a smaller (1GB) usb key and try that. Same licence file on a small capacity key worked fine.

Kevin Thurber

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 10:07:16 AM »

Were you ever able to find the cause or solution for this?

Al Rettich

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 03:37:04 PM »

Was never able to get it to work. Even uninstalled, then installed a newer version of Waves plug ins. Key never saw it. I did talk to someone and he said if you use the license for a native plug in then it's never going to work on the Avid Soundgrid plug ins. Not sure if that's true, but I'll keep trying to get it working.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 04:29:47 PM »

Was never able to get it to work. Even uninstalled, then installed a newer version of Waves plug ins. Key never saw it. I did talk to someone and he said if you use the license for a native plug in then it's never going to work on the Avid Soundgrid plug ins. Not sure if that's true, but I'll keep trying to get it working.

Contact Waves... there is no longer a distinction between Native & Soundgrid/TDM licenses (other than no new TDM plugs are coming).  A couple years ago they were advising users to contact Waves Central (or whatever the licensing App was) and get new licenses to replace Native/Soundgrid/TDM-only licenses.  If the Venue TDM plugs were updated to the most recent (and final) versions it's possible that 9.2 requires the new license format.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Al Rettich

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 08:26:11 AM »

They were 9.1.0

Contact Waves... there is no longer a distinction between Native & Soundgrid/TDM licenses (other than no new TDM plugs are coming).  A couple years ago they were advising users to contact Waves Central (or whatever the licensing App was) and get new licenses to replace Native/Soundgrid/TDM-only licenses.  If the Venue TDM plugs were updated to the most recent (and final) versions it's possible that 9.2 requires the new license format.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 10:35:56 AM »

They were 9.1.0

In that case you should certainly email the support desk at Waves.  They're very helpful.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 10:35:56 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.