ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Installed System deployment thoughts/questions  (Read 6788 times)

Bill McKelvey

Re: Installed System deployment thoughts/questions
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 08:21:16 PM »

Glad everything has worked out.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 04:33:24 PM »

If you have 4 top boxes and one sub where in the room do you set the alignment for?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Jay Barracato

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 11:49:27 PM »

Okay, full disclosure, I don't fully grasp all of the tuning methodologies out there.

I wish I had some extra money/time to pay and go to smaart classes or timo/merlijn classes or sysaudcon.

But while trying to learn by reading Merlijn's website & Timo's videos I am thinking that that there is a decent way to get the sub to align over crossover freq (and above/below it) with the mains at multiple positions using 180 to even 270 degrees from Merlijn's circle avatar where most of the audience plane exists in summation or equal but not cancelation.

Something to the effect that on average every listener is hearing same/consistent sound.

https://www.merlijnvanveen.nl/en/calculators/107-sub-align

BTW,
I did a good bit of listening on the JBL AE series which is installed in the room the other day. I don't think they go loud enough and distort pretty annoyingly fairly quickly. They sound pleasant and good at low volumes, but when trying to get the volume up something isn't working properly. At least I think so. Could be a different issue. The building is still being built so maybe once everything finalized? Not sure, like I said, I'm doing lighting... Might be mixing in there, not sure yet.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Weogo Reed

• Western NC,
    • LiveEdge
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 02:52:56 PM »

Hi Nathan,

A note about moving your microphone around to different places in a room, when using a dual channel measurement system:
Unless you are on a perfect arc to maintain the exact same distance from speaker to mic, you will need to re-establish delay-time at each microphone location.

Listening to the speakers and turning them up, you say they don't go loud enough.
My first thought is to check if one of the boxes is somehow wired with reverse polarity.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 11:10:52 AM »

Hi Nathan,

A note about moving your microphone around to different places in a room, when using a dual channel measurement system:
Unless you are on a perfect arc to maintain the exact same distance from speaker to mic, you will need to re-establish delay-time at each microphone location.

Listening to the speakers and turning them up, you say they don't go loud enough.
My first thought is to check if one of the boxes is somehow wired with reverse polarity.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

Thanks, I agree; If I was to spend some more time I might try and use the delay tracker in SMAART.

Perhaps, I just feel they don't sound great when loud. It doesn't seem to be reverse polarity on the sides. Could be anything though and I have no current desire to deal with it. I believe at the new building I will be mixing there regularly so I will drag out the smaart rig and try to optimize the system as best as possible. But that'll be on paid time after the initial push to have lights/sound done in 3 days (before xmas eve).

So I'll update this thread in the future. Just to kind of detail my journey and help others out who want to follow the same path.

A further update is even with chairs in the room the flutter echo is horrible. We're going to try to convince the contractor to put acoustic treatment on the side walls and give the interrior decorator a cow  :P
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 11:10:52 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.