ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you having trouble with Stagemix and iOS10? Try this fix  (Read 10608 times)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Are you having trouble with Stagemix and iOS10? Try this fix
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 12:04:19 AM »

Being careful as to what I post in fears of running afoul of the rules..........

I had a discussion with my parents this evening about working out ways to increase anonymity on the internet in light of our new overload, errrr, I mean president. I used to have a Clear account that was stripped of anything that could link it to me (not in my name, did not have my actual email account attached to it, did not have my residence address on the account, no billing address, and you could make payments to the account from any credit card) -- but Clear is gone now.

Something to be said for a world that has so many databases of personal information...

Any ideas on how to be more circumspect?

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Are you having trouble with Stagemix and iOS10? Try this fix
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 07:39:56 AM »

If anyone is interested in learning more about the different ways you are being tracked, read some of the books by Bruce Schneier. Quite eye opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 08:23:25 AM »

I've never had good luck getting Stagemix to run with DHCP.

Odd, I've never run it any other way.

HOWEVER: I have to amend my previous statement. Yes, the Router and DNS fields auto-populate when using DHCP. BUT: you have to at least edit one of them to get it to work.

Tried it last night with a brand new iPad Pro (Thanks, Target), and instantly got the 'no connection' error from StageMix. Went into WiFi settings and simply deleted the final 1 from the DNS entry and re-entered it, went straight back to StageMix and it worked perfectly from then on. Connected continuously for over 5 hours.

Voodoo, obviously.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 01:37:45 PM »

Just to expand a bit after some experimentation during an easy load in day: Both StageMix and MonitorMix have this same problem, and when using DHCP both are cured by simply editing the existing DNS address (I've only had to delete the last digit and re-enter it). This is on three different ipads (two iPad2 and an iPad Pro), all running IOS10.x

The problem re-appears with each reboot of the ipad. Looks like using a static address with all of the information entered is likely the way to go for now.

Thanks to Justice for starting this thread. This weekend would have sucked for me otherwise.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 06:20:42 PM »

Even with this fix and the router's IP address in the router and DNS fields, I still have to go into the wifi set up and reconnect to the wifi network. Otherwise Stagemix tells me that it can't connect to a wifi network.

There's definitely something flaky with iOS10's networking. It doesn't seem to want to connect properly unless it can detect an internet connection.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Josh Hana

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 01:00:06 PM »

I'm on an iPad 2 (not air), running iOS 9, and I'm having some strange issues, not able to connect to the stagemix app nor the editor on my laptop.

I've tried DHCP and static, I've tried with 2 different routers, different cables, different ip addresses, I've tried with the gateway address for the DNS server, nothing seems to work.

If I open the admin page for the router, I can see the board on the network with the correct IP address, it's just that the stagemix app isn't able to connect. Strange since I used this exact same router/ipad/console last night in the same venue and it worked just fine. I've tried power cycling the router,board,ipad, nothing works. Reinstalled the app on the ipad, no response. It's not the end of the world, but it's pretty annoying :/

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 01:00:06 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 26 queries.