ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you having trouble with Stagemix and iOS10? Try this fix  (Read 7619 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Are you having trouble with Stagemix and iOS10? Try this fix
« on: November 30, 2016, 07:34:31 pm »

I sent an email to the Yamaha guys about Stagemix not working on iOS10.

Got a reply back that it's an issue with the iOS10 networking.

If you put the router's IP address into the Router and DNS fields of the WiFi set up on your iPad and then reconnect, Stagemix will work.

I had not seen any information from Yamaha or otherwise about this so I thought I would put it out there in case others are having the same issue, or have waited to update because Stagemix was not qualified with iOS10 yet.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Riley Casey

Re: Are you having trouble with Stagemix and iOS10? Try this fix
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 10:35:28 pm »

if you're on Facebook there is a Stagemix page that acts as a semi formal tech support path. There has been some discussion there about iOS ten issues.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 02:44:14 am »

Yeah, I'm subscribed to that page, but it never shows up on my feed. If I had seen that thread earlier, it would would have saved me a couple weeks of headaches. But it's back to working normal now and I'm happy.

Anyway, this one is for those who don't have the Facepage thing.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Gunther Mai

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 09:06:55 am »

If you put the router's IP address into the Router and DNS fields of the WiFi set up on your iPad and then reconnect, Stagemix will work.

It's recommended to do so on all other mixing console - tablet - wifi remote settings for safe operation.

Static ip -> subnet mask as recommended by manufacturer -> Gateway and DNS set to router ip. I do this successfully with wifi and LAN remotes of Yamaha, DiGiCo, Midas and Allen&Heath Consoles ->  never failed.  ;)

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 11:51:57 am »

By the way, if you are using DHCP instead of static IP, this information will autofill as necessary.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 01:41:05 pm »

Anyway, this one is for those who don't have the Facepage thing.

Oh, you mean Tim?  :P

Mac

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 03:25:22 pm »

Oh, you mean Tim?  :P

Mac

FaceSpace/MyBook/other social excreta...  Just say no to being a product to be exploited in ways that make everything you do on the internet absolutely linked to your computer, phone or tablet.... and therefor to you as a uniquely identified individual.

"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 06:08:25 pm »

FaceSpace/MyBook/other social excreta...  Just say no to being a product to be exploited in ways that make everything you do on the internet absolutely linked to your computer, phone or tablet.... and therefor to you as a uniquely identified individual.

But you can control what you post, your online persona doesn't even have to be real.

For example I am a calm, caring person in real life :-)

Seriously, at some point you have to weigh the utility of being able to watch the progress of your Domino's order over a few privacy concerns.  Did you see that Amazon has little bluetooth dongles that you stick all over your house by different products?  You run out of TP, push the button Amazon delivers more.  Same with all sorts of other household staples.  (One would hope you locate the TP one in the closet where you store the supplied and not and the dispenser).

There is undeniable utility to the connected world. 

I could do without the "Scott just bought two rolls of Charmin" on Facebook, I am sure there is a setting for that.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 06:20:20 pm »

By the way, if you are using DHCP instead of static IP, this information will autofill as necessary.
I've never had good luck getting Stagemix to run with DHCP.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 06:24:28 pm »

But you can control what you post, your online persona doesn't even have to be real.

For example I am a calm, caring person in real life :-)

Seriously, at some point you have to weigh the utility of being able to watch the progress of your Domino's order over a few privacy concerns.  Did you see that Amazon has little bluetooth dongles that you stick all over your house by different products?  You run out of TP, push the button Amazon delivers more.  Same with all sorts of other household staples.  (One would hope you locate the TP one in the closet where you store the supplied and not and the dispenser).

There is undeniable utility to the connected world. 

I could do without the "Scott just bought two rolls of Charmin" on Facebook, I am sure there is a setting for that.

I could do without everything I touch reporting in to a big database making up a profile of my behavior. I will just wait for the pizza and be surprised whenever it shows up.

Tech is zooming forward faster than protections from it (laws or security standards).

It is why I don't use cloud services. You cannot claim proprietary ownership once it is in the cloud. Read the user agreement for any cloud service. They only promise to take your payments and not much else.

The Nest thermostat is a great source of addresses where no one is at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 12:04:19 am »

Being careful as to what I post in fears of running afoul of the rules..........

I had a discussion with my parents this evening about working out ways to increase anonymity on the internet in light of our new overload, errrr, I mean president. I used to have a Clear account that was stripped of anything that could link it to me (not in my name, did not have my actual email account attached to it, did not have my residence address on the account, no billing address, and you could make payments to the account from any credit card) -- but Clear is gone now.

Something to be said for a world that has so many databases of personal information...

Any ideas on how to be more circumspect?

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Are you having trouble with Stagemix and iOS10? Try this fix
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 07:39:56 am »

If anyone is interested in learning more about the different ways you are being tracked, read some of the books by Bruce Schneier. Quite eye opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Milt Hathaway

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 08:23:25 am »

I've never had good luck getting Stagemix to run with DHCP.

Odd, I've never run it any other way.

HOWEVER: I have to amend my previous statement. Yes, the Router and DNS fields auto-populate when using DHCP. BUT: you have to at least edit one of them to get it to work.

Tried it last night with a brand new iPad Pro (Thanks, Target), and instantly got the 'no connection' error from StageMix. Went into WiFi settings and simply deleted the final 1 from the DNS entry and re-entered it, went straight back to StageMix and it worked perfectly from then on. Connected continuously for over 5 hours.

Voodoo, obviously.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX

Milt Hathaway

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 01:37:45 pm »

Just to expand a bit after some experimentation during an easy load in day: Both StageMix and MonitorMix have this same problem, and when using DHCP both are cured by simply editing the existing DNS address (I've only had to delete the last digit and re-enter it). This is on three different ipads (two iPad2 and an iPad Pro), all running IOS10.x

The problem re-appears with each reboot of the ipad. Looks like using a static address with all of the information entered is likely the way to go for now.

Thanks to Justice for starting this thread. This weekend would have sucked for me otherwise.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 06:20:42 pm »

Even with this fix and the router's IP address in the router and DNS fields, I still have to go into the wifi set up and reconnect to the wifi network. Otherwise Stagemix tells me that it can't connect to a wifi network.

There's definitely something flaky with iOS10's networking. It doesn't seem to want to connect properly unless it can detect an internet connection.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Josh Hana

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 01:00:06 pm »

I'm on an iPad 2 (not air), running iOS 9, and I'm having some strange issues, not able to connect to the stagemix app nor the editor on my laptop.

I've tried DHCP and static, I've tried with 2 different routers, different cables, different ip addresses, I've tried with the gateway address for the DNS server, nothing seems to work.

If I open the admin page for the router, I can see the board on the network with the correct IP address, it's just that the stagemix app isn't able to connect. Strange since I used this exact same router/ipad/console last night in the same venue and it worked just fine. I've tried power cycling the router,board,ipad, nothing works. Reinstalled the app on the ipad, no response. It's not the end of the world, but it's pretty annoying :/

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 01:00:06 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.