ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UHF Emissions from Soundcraft Vi Stagebox  (Read 1729 times)

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
UHF Emissions from Soundcraft Vi Stagebox
« on: November 27, 2016, 12:13:54 AM »

This is similar to an earlier thread.

I was recently working as A2 at a local venue. I thought I had done a pretty good job building a frequency coordination for the show (integrating 14 rented channels of J1-band ULX into an existing house coordination, with a DTV station on channel 30 to boot), but one of the rented receivers was still showing two (out of five) RF signal lights without any of the transmitters being turned on.

I had an RF Explorer with me and did a scan from my RF work table (sadly located about 15' from the receivers) and saw nothing near the affected frequency. Standing by the receivers (and their rack-mounted antennas), though, showed what appeared to be a carrier at ~589.750 MHz. I did a quick walk-around of the area and discovered that unexpected signal appeared to be coming from the Soudcraft Vi Stagebox that (of course) the receivers were sitting on top of.

With the RF Explorer's antenna right up against the Stagebox, it was reporting a spike at 589.776 MHz at -84 dBm, with some smaller spikes forming what looked an awful lot like an upper sideband up to ~590 MHz. Definitely enough of a signal to cause annoyance (especially since I couldn't get WWB to spit out any more frequencies for the ULX mics, although we were lucky and didn't suffer any dropouts because of the interference).

Has anyone else run into this issue with the Vi Stagebox?

Thanks!

-Russ

Edited to add: a not-very-good photo.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 12:33:45 AM by Russell Ault »

ProSoundWeb Community

UHF Emissions from Soundcraft Vi Stagebox
« on: November 27, 2016, 12:13:54 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.