ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha Studio Manager and El Capitan  (Read 4322 times)

NickAbreu

Yamaha Studio Manager and El Capitan
« on: November 25, 2016, 05:04:55 PM »

Hello, since being forced to upgrade to El Capitan (long story) I have been unable to get Studio Manager to work.  Updating the Studio Manger host got the application to at least open, but now any time I try to add a console to my work space it gives me this message...

"Following component(s) could not be loaded.  Please ensure that you have installed required component(s) correctly.
PM5DV2"

I also downloaded a fresh install of the PM5DV2 editor and reinstalled that.  Still no luck.  Any ideas?

Doug.Jane

Re: Yamaha Studio Manager and El Capitan
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 02:13:08 AM »

Hello, since being forced to upgrade to El Capitan (long story) I have been unable to get Studio Manager to work.  Updating the Studio Manger host got the application to at least open, but now any time I try to add a console to my work space it gives me this message...

"Following component(s) could not be loaded.  Please ensure that you have installed required component(s) correctly.
PM5DV2"

I also downloaded a fresh install of the PM5DV2 editor and reinstalled that.  Still no luck.  Any ideas?
What the hell is El Capitan? Cuban pimp?

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 05:14:54 AM »

What the hell is El Capitan? Cuban pimp?

Version 10.11.x of the Apple Macintosh operating system. The Apple Macintosh is a computer system many people on this very forum use as a handy tool in their professional lives.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 11:47:43 AM »

PM5DV2"

Don't know about the 5D editor, but the LS9 editor works fine on El Cap here. Fresh Studio Manager, too?
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 02:46:17 PM »

And of course, El Capitan is now the old version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 03:26:59 PM »

And of course, El Capitan is now the old version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

But it's not done breaking stuff that once worked correctly.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

NickAbreu

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 02:47:14 PM »

Update:  After booting into Windows for the past month or so to use the PM5D editor, I revisited this.  Ran the PM5D Editor install package again (the same install file sitting on my desktop since the last time I tried to fix this) and now it works.  Haven't done any Apple updates or anything.  It's nice having the problem resolved, but I don't know what resolved it.

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 04:27:27 PM »

Update:  After booting into Windows for the past month or so to use the PM5D editor, I revisited this.  Ran the PM5D Editor install package again (the same install file sitting on my desktop since the last time I tried to fix this) and now it works.  Haven't done any Apple updates or anything.  It's nice having the problem resolved, but I don't know what resolved it.

I saw that same thing on an OS version prior to El Capitan, or it may have been a Studio Manager update, or both. Something had been changed in the location of some support files (I think the OS no longer allowed SM to access them) and a re-install of the entire SM/editor package was required.

Glad you're up and running again, and thanks for the update.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 04:27:27 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.