ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: PA Demo Track Playlist  (Read 59834 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: PA Demo Track Playlist
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2021, 12:14:00 PM »

Pink noise ....

In honor of Prince (and the Artist Formerly Known As ), I'd upvote some purple noise.  ;)

Also, welcome to the LAB!  Seeing the word "newbie" under your name has a certain bit of irony to it. 8)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 12:21:31 PM by Tim McCulloch »
"Art has always held a tenuous position between acts of subversion and status symbol collected by those who profit from the very status quo the art purports to subvert." - Stephen Colbert

Peter Kowalczyk

« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2022, 08:58:58 PM »

I've been meaning to update my playlist and download high-res tracks for quite some time.  We just got the PA connected in a new venue I'm working on, and I plan to tune tomorrow.  That was the motivation I needed to get some tracks on-deck.

Taking cues from the suggestions in this list, and adding a few of my own:

Steely Dan (Babylon Sisters has been my go-to for ever, i'm in that camp)
Jennifer Warnes (thanks for the reminder Russ)
Sting
Tower of Power

I've been really digging 'The Whitest Boy Alive - Rules' lately.  Very clean dry recording, with this great detailed electric piano.

Some Erykah Badu for that hip hop bass

Nicholas Payton - Zigaboogaloo - it'll tell you if your subs are over-the-top, or if your mid-highs need some love.  Jazz mixed like Hip-Hop.  The horns are

My question for you all:  Where are you sourcing your high-res tracks?  I downloaded all of this from 7digital.com.  But they don't have some things I was looking for.  I'm not looking for freebies - happy to pay for the material!

John Schalk

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2022, 09:52:54 AM »

My question for you all:  Where are you sourcing your high-res tracks?  I downloaded all of this from 7digital.com.  But they don't have some things I was looking for.  I'm not looking for freebies - happy to pay for the material!
I'm a geezer so I get CDs out of the local libraries and rip the tracks I want.  For general background music, I rip at 320Mbps VBR, but for any tracks that I really like or want to use for testing, I rip them using a lossless format.  So, for me high res means 16 bit / 44.1kHz lossless.

Note: At the two clubs where I'm currently working at the most, all the background music is streamed.  One uses Spotify and the other YouTube Music.  I don't even bring my music with me anymore.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2022, 09:52:54 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.