Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

PA Demo Track Playlist

<< < (2/20) > >>

Jamin Lynch:
Just about anything from:

Danny Gatton
Lyle Lovett

Stan Shields:

--- Quote from: Andrew Henderson on November 24, 2016, 10:06:21 AM ---Hello all, and happy Thanksgiving!

I'm curious about what music tracks you all are using to demo PA systems or familiarize yourself with a system you're about to use.

I know the main idea is to use tracks you are very familiar with, so you can immediately recognize when certain sounds or details pop out at you on a new system, and recognize the characteristics of the system. I understand that this is not a replacement for measurement.

I'll share my playlist:

Aaron Neville: Louisiana 1927
Stevie Wonder: Sir Duke
Adele: He Won't Go
The Beatles: I Want You
Needtobreathe: Prisoner
Phish: Free
Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody
2Pac: I Get Around
Tonic: If You Could Only See
Stevie Wonder: Love's in Need of Love Today
Bob Marley: I Shot the Sheriff
AC/DC: Thunderstruck

I mainly put mine together based on songs I already own, trying to have a variety of genres, and making sure everything was fairly well produced. I wasn't very scientific about it.

Curious to see what you all are using!

--- End quote ---
I use Keb Mo "Rainmaker" to EQ the low end, Steeley Dan: "Peg" for mids, highs and sibilance.

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Jamin Lynch on November 24, 2016, 12:41:04 PM ---Just about anything from:

Danny Gatton
Lyle Lovett

--- End quote ---
I used to work with Danny Gatton back in the 80s in the DC area.

I find some of his works great for testing HF drivers.  It puts a lot of strain on them, between the slide and the harmonica.

Steve Eudaly:
Some of my go-to tracks include:

Michael Jackson - P.Y.T.
Daft Punk - Fragments of Time
Steely Dan - Babylon Sisters
Green Day - Brain Stew
deadmau5 - Ghosts N' Stuff
Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
Muse - Survival

Stephen Kirby:
Horn band stuff.  ToP or Ricky Peterson's Drop Shot (first pick).  If the horns project without sounding harsh, it's a good start.  Something with an acoustic guitar and soft vocals, e.g. Ricky Lee Jones Pop Pop to see if things still cut through after taming the horn sound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version