ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: PA Demo Track Playlist  (Read 74809 times)

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
Re: PA Demo Track Playlist
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2016, 02:33:25 PM »

Good stuff! There are some I'm familiar with and some I'm not. I'll put together a playlist of these and start checking them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 06:12:05 AM »

Good stuff! There are some I'm familiar with and some I'm not. I'll put together a playlist of these and start checking them out.

We could put together a PSW demo album, just in time for Christmas.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2016, 05:32:08 PM »

Chris

I'd buy it!

New marketing slogan: "PSW Approved!"
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2016, 07:26:02 PM »

I'd buy it!

New marketing slogan: "PSW Approved!"
All that somebody needs to do is to get the rights to the songs---
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2016, 07:46:43 PM »

Chris

I don't buy much music on line, but perhaps a playlist and version of each song could be published.  The issue is "which downloadable version am I getting?"

One of our clients has promoter-supplied iThingy that is streaming music from something/somewhere.  When the device identified itself as an iPod or iPhone the tracks were all very "one note bass".  When the iThingy somehow became a desktop machine to the streaming service, the bass had much more fidelity and dynamics.  I suspect the stream delivered to small personal devices is 'mastered' for ill-fitting ear buds being used in relatively noisy environments.

With that in mind I'd much rather purchase music on CDs, rip to flac or wave PCM and put them on my Fios player's SD card.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2016, 08:03:14 PM »

I don't buy much music on line, but perhaps a playlist and version of each song could be published.  The issue is "which downloadable version am I getting?"

One of our clients has promoter-supplied iThingy that is streaming music from something/somewhere.  When the device identified itself as an iPod or iPhone the tracks were all very "one note bass".  When the iThingy somehow became a desktop machine to the streaming service, the bass had much more fidelity and dynamics.  I suspect the stream delivered to small personal devices is 'mastered' for ill-fitting ear buds being used in relatively noisy environments.

With that in mind I'd much rather purchase music on CDs, rip to flac or wave PCM and put them on my Fios player's SD card.
Yes.

The song itself is just a start.  If the version you get is all chopped and squashed, all the details get lost and what is great about the recording doesn't matter anymore.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Dave Scarlett

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2016, 10:27:46 PM »

Calling Elvis  8)
The Beatles "Love' soundtrack

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2016, 09:26:44 AM »

Calling Elvis  8)
The Beatles "Love' soundtrack

Agreed, the "Love" soundtrack has some good stuff on it.

Well recorded stuff from Chesky, including:

Babatunbe Olatunji-great African drum fusion:
http://www.chesky.com/album/circle-drums-sacd295

I have to admit I've not looked at their catalog in a while, but this album may just "fill in" for an official LAB listening collection.  And most if not all their catalog are available as HiRes downloads too.

"The Best of Chesky:  Classics, Jazz, & Audiophile Test Disc":

http://www.chesky.com/album/best-chesky-classics-jazz-audiophile-test-disc-vol-3-jd111
Scroll down the track listing, lots of potentially good stuff to use besides the featured artist's tracks.

Best regards,

John

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2016, 09:52:33 AM »

Here's mine:

Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2016, 10:19:22 AM »

hey

I think though it's probably worth pointing out (someone normally does when these threads periodically pop up) that the songs themselves don't really matter as much as your knowledge of them.

Of course it helps to have something that sounds good and is balanced and well recorded etc, and some of the suggestions on here are great sounding tracks.

But at the end of the day the track itself isn't so important, the important part is that you should know the track inside out and back to front, and should know exactly what it should sound like when played through a good sound system.

That way, if it doesn't sound the way you expect it to then you hear it instantly and can start to troubleshoot the problems.

So the best idea is to pick a few well recorded tracks that you know well, even if they're different from other peoples suggestions, and work from them. Play them in all different sound systems and get to know if this part sounds a bit honky or if this part sounds a bit boxy etc what that actually means in terms of what frequencies may need some work, or what the problem areas may be based on what you're hearing.

K

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2016, 10:19:22 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.