Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

PA Demo Track Playlist

<< < (4/20) > >>

Chris Grimshaw:
The one I like is Buena by Morphine. Some parts have doubled saxophones, and a good system makes that obvious. Apart from that, its a 2-string slide bass, vocals, and a well-recorded drum kit.

If I had to pick one track to listen to when testing a system, it'd probably be that.

Chris

eric lenasbunt:

--- Quote from: Mal Brown on November 24, 2016, 10:49:33 PM ---The Richard Thompson version ?  I couldn't use it.  The cut is so engaging, emotional I couldn't abstract myself enough to really listen to my system...

That said I'm going to try it and see what happens...

--- End quote ---

Sorry, no, the folk band, 3 ladies who really sound great and will let you know just how hyped or flat your upper mids are.

Similarly, I used to love using the track "Jesus Christ" by Brand New, then after an engineer friend committed suicide every time I've fired up that track I started weeping. That's when you switch it up.

Kevin McDonough:
hey

- Original by Leftfield
- Tracks from Rebecca Pigeon's album The Raven (especially You Got Me and Grandmother, superb well recorded vocals, and available as a super high def version from HD Tracks)
- Prince  Cream and Get Off
- Hard 2 Handle by Black Crows
- Need You Tonight by INXS

and then genre specific stuff after that. Take the power back by Rage and other rock tracks if I'm tunning it for a rock show.   Intergalactic by Beasty Boys  or some Ying Yang Twins if it's for hiphop, The Hathors by Kalya Scintilla, Smack My Bitch Up and Superstylin if is for dance music.

something that's also caught on with engineers round my way lately is Tilted by Christina and the Queens. Again nice clear, neutral vocal, and nice steady beat behind it.

k

Steve Litcher:

--- Quote from: Chris Grimshaw on November 25, 2016, 05:21:54 AM ---The one I like is Buena by Morphine. Some parts have doubled saxophones, and a good system makes that obvious. Apart from that, its a 2-string slide bass, vocals, and a well-recorded drum kit.

If I had to pick one track to listen to when testing a system, it'd probably be that.

Chris

--- End quote ---

Another vote for Morphine here. I use Buena or Yes from them. Also like Boz Scaggs Thanks to You for low end and Seal's Crazy.

Elliot Carroll:
Bad Blood - NAO

Hey Now - London Grammar

Pulp Culture - Thomas Dolby (perfect for hearing your transition from LF drivers to subs)

Everyone Here Wants You - Jeff Buckley

I Can Let Go Now - Michael McDonald

Vide Cor Meum - version from the Hannibal Soundtrack

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version