Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

PA Demo Track Playlist

<< < (3/18) > >>

Nathan Riddle:
Y'all are definitely In a different league than I am when it comes to knowing music and history and such.

I've been growing this playlist over time. Id like to add what y'all have said to it.

https://open.spotify.com/user/lightingman117/playlist/7HTrQQ8tEMVedNrd49MrEm

That's my quick and dirty and I switch to foobar FLAC with some jm test lab or Sheffield test tracks/songs.

I really enjoy Telefon Tel Aviv for both high end and low end, super ambient, yet full, yet articulate.

Will Knight:
A "simple" list for me.  As a bass player, an affinity for anything with strings...
No particular order.  Depends on the venue or format of the event...

Fleetwood Mac - Rumors - "Dreams"
  Steely Dan - Reeling In the Years - "Aja" & "Deacon Blues"
  Yellowjackets - Spin - "Prayers for El Salvador"
  Rippingtons - Welcome to the St. James Club - "Welcome to the St. James Club"
  Spyro Gyra - Dreams Beyond Control - "Breakfast @ Igor's"
  ToP - What is Hip - "What is Hip?"
  Manhattan Transfer - Extensions - "Birdland"
  Skrillex - Scary Monsters
  Basia - London New York Warsau - "Crusing for Brusing"
  Pat Metheny - The Road to You - "Have You Heard" & "First Circle"
  Yo Yo Ma - Anything

my 2 cts

eric lenasbunt:
A dear friend of mine turned me on to Red Molly. That will really test the 1k-4K region. It will get harsh in a hurry as well...

Mal Brown:
BB King - Let the good times roll - pretty much anything from that cd

Ziggy Marley - Joy and Blues - real punchy low end

The Bonedaddies - Take your pick...  ShooRah from World Beatnicks has a nice tight low end punch.  I've been a fan for years so I know their stuff inside out.  The first is real well recorded.

Steely Dan 2 Against Nature... well yeah...  How that did not get Album of the year is beyond me...

If it's an acoustic date I  Phosphorescent Blues from The Punch Brothers then some Ottmar Liebert, then Wood Bothers The Muse.  Chris Wood's upright is generally very well recorded.   Oliver's voice is always a test of the mids...

I know that set of material really well so I can snag just about anything from those cd's will work for me.

Mal Brown:

--- Quote from: eric lenasbunt on November 24, 2016, 10:24:45 PM ---A dear friend of mine turned me on to Red Molly. That will really test the 1k-4K region. It will get harsh in a hurry as well...

--- End quote ---

The Richard Thompson version ?  I couldn't use it.  The cut is so engaging, emotional I couldn't abstract myself enough to really listen to my system...

That said I'm going to try it and see what happens...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version