ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antari Z350?  (Read 9523 times)

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
Antari Z350?
« on: November 22, 2016, 01:25:20 PM »

Not finding much info about this online... manufacturer demo video and a few small threads here and there.

Anyone have experience with it? Looking for a decent fazer for small, indoor gigs (venues that seat less than 250).

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
Re: Antari Z350?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 03:42:40 PM »

I have some Antari Z350's.  They are very good for their price point.  Several other light and sound guys them recommended to me.  They seem to tolerate a wide range of standard fog fluids however the use of such might void the manufacturers warranty.

The MARQ Haze 800 DMX has impressed me for under $300.00.  I don't know how long they will last and they do "pause" to cool down for a brief period of time when set to produce continuous haze.  I would never consider it a "pro" machine, but it's not a pro price either.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 11:05:26 AM »

I have some Antari Z350's.  They are very good for their price point.  Several other light and sound guys them recommended to me.  They seem to tolerate a wide range of standard fog fluids however the use of such might void the manufacturers warranty.

The MARQ Haze 800 DMX has impressed me for under $300.00.  I don't know how long they will last and they do "pause" to cool down for a brief period of time when set to produce continuous haze.  I would never consider it a "pro" machine, but it's not a pro price either.

Awesome - thanks for the additional info and for sharing your experiences with them. I can source the Z350 for under $300 here, so I may just go that route. I was a little concerned with coverage - the video from Antari makes the output seem a bit "whispy." But it sounds like it should be decent.

I'm not looking for complete smoke-out, just enough to enhance lighting scenes.

Thanks again!

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 08:32:11 PM »

I use the z350 on a 30 x 15 triangular stage. I leave it on constantly during the show at about 1/2 level. It produces a true haze that does not obscure stuff but picks out the beams. I use the antari fluid, which is cheap enough because it jumps sips fluid. I get 20+ shows from a 2 liter bottle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 08:35:15 PM by Jay Barracato »
Jay Barracato

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 08:38:05 PM »

I use the z350 on a 30 x 15 triangular stage. I leave it on constantly during the show at about 1/2 level. It produces a true haze that does not obscure stuff but picks out the beams. I use the antari fluid, which is cheap enough because it jumps sips fluid. I get 20+ shows from a 2 liter bottle.

Jay Barracato

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 12:17:28 PM »

Thanks, Jay - that's perfect!

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 11:55:20 AM »

I pulled the trigger on the Z-350 fazer last week and purchased the recommended FLG fluid as well. Initial thoughts:

+ Puts out a nice, steady layer of fog
+ Fairly speedy warm-up time (less than 4 minutes)
+ The rotary controls for fan speed and density are extremely handy and seem very precise
- Not a huge fan of the DMX Dip Switches... wish it had a digital panel, but oh well
+ Light!! Shockingly compact and very portable

Hard case is on the way to ensure it stays safe whilst in transit.

So far, I'd recommend this to folks looking for a fogger for small-to-mid-size venues. We'll see how it holds-up over time; so far, I'm a fan.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 01:34:07 PM »

I pulled the trigger on the Z-350 fazer last week and purchased the recommended FLG fluid as well. Initial thoughts:

+ Puts out a nice, steady layer of fog
+ Fairly speedy warm-up time (less than 4 minutes)
+ The rotary controls for fan speed and density are extremely handy and seem very precise
- Not a huge fan of the DMX Dip Switches... wish it had a digital panel, but oh well
+ Light!! Shockingly compact and very portable

Hard case is on the way to ensure it stays safe whilst in transit.

So far, I'd recommend this to folks looking for a fogger for small-to-mid-size venues. We'll see how it holds-up over time; so far, I'm a fan.

Just a nit... hazers and foggers are not the same device.
If you have a hazer, it doesn't put out fog.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 11:38:02 PM »

So... wanted to provide an update about experience with this Hazer, now that we've used it for about 10-shows or so.

*WOW*

It may look small, but it does a really great job, especially for indoor shows. As mentioned, we've used this for about 10-shows now, and have zero complaints. We're still running on the original fill (used Antari's FLG Fog Juice).

Upsides:
- Compact
- Easy on power draw (we run this on the same circuit as our 24-LED PAR lights and backline power)
- Tremendous, predictable output indoors
- Inexpensive (purchased locally from dealer w/discount at well under $300)

Downsides:
- Old school DIP Switches
- Wouldn't release our HOSA DMX terminator easily (could've been HOSA's fault)

We also purchased the matching flight case, and the combo is fantastic.

If you're looking for a small-to-mid-sized Hazer that'll work great at providing a solid layer of background haze, look no further. We ran this in a venue that held 400+ people; stage size was 34'x18' and it worked exactly as expected.

Graham Spice

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 01:50:34 PM »

If you're looking for a small-to-mid-sized Hazer that'll work great at providing a solid layer of background haze, look no further. We ran this in a venue that held 400+ people; stage size was 34'x18' and it worked exactly as expected.
Excellent review, thanks very much for posting this, Steve

Rick Powell

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 05:22:26 PM »

Just a nit... hazers and foggers are not the same device.
If you have a hazer, it doesn't put out fog.

This machine is advertised by the manufacturer as being able to handle both kinds of fluid.

Allen Smith

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 01:09:53 PM »

I recently purchased one of these.  I have only used it a couple times so no thoughts on reliability other than to say the build quality looks great.  Functionally, this thing is a beast and should handle nearly any club venue.  I used it in a club with a capacity around 400 and even on a low setting it created just enough haze all night to creat nice beam effects.  Set it and forget it so to speak.

Graham Spice

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 10:34:04 PM »

So... wanted to provide an update about experience with this Hazer, now that we've used it for about 10-shows or so.

*WOW*

It may look small, but it does a really great job, especially for indoor shows. As mentioned, we've used this for about 10-shows now, and have zero complaints. We're still running on the original fill (used Antari's FLG Fog Juice).

Upsides:
- Compact
- Easy on power draw (we run this on the same circuit as our 24-LED PAR lights and backline power)
- Tremendous, predictable output indoors
- Inexpensive (purchased locally from dealer w/discount at well under $300)

Downsides:
- Old school DIP Switches
- Wouldn't release our HOSA DMX terminator easily (could've been HOSA's fault)

I just ordered one today with the road case. I'll post a review to this thread after a few uses.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 01:10:21 AM »

I just ordered one today with the road case. I'll post a review to this thread after a few uses.

ROFL,  I just did too.  Got tired of the Chauvet junk that never seems to get the job done.

I am really straining to drive value into the lighting segment of our product.  All the cheap 4bars have been replaced with Blizzard Weather Systems (everyone loves them nobody wants to pay for them) the Chinese pars have been pushed to uplight duty and replaced with decent Chinese lights (a bit of humor meant here but y'all know what I mean.  $20 fixtures replaced with $100 fixtures). 

So a good hazer will add to the package.  I still bet I don't do 10k in lighting rental this year.  Maybe if I we learned how to make them look as nice as others around here.

This forum drives a lot of sales, we should get referral points or free pizza.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:06:07 AM by Scott Holtzman »
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Graham Spice

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 01:20:52 AM »

Blizzard Weather Systems
How bright are these? What size stages and how many people are you using them for? Are you using other lights, too?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 02:10:36 AM »

How bright are these? What size stages and how many people are you using them for? Are you using other lights, too?

A pair of Weather's can easily cover a 30' wide stage with consistent wash light.  On smaller stages I wish there was a dim setting they can be too much.

Not sure how to describe brightness I do not have the equipment to measure light output.  I have all confidence they meet or exceed Blizzard's spec.

These comments are for the standard Weather not the EXA.  I imagine the EXA are off the hook.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 02:10:36 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 25 queries.