ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Antari Z350?  (Read 9510 times)

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
Antari Z350?
« on: November 22, 2016, 01:25:20 PM »

Not finding much info about this online... manufacturer demo video and a few small threads here and there.

Anyone have experience with it? Looking for a decent fazer for small, indoor gigs (venues that seat less than 250).

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
Re: Antari Z350?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 03:42:40 PM »

I have some Antari Z350's.  They are very good for their price point.  Several other light and sound guys them recommended to me.  They seem to tolerate a wide range of standard fog fluids however the use of such might void the manufacturers warranty.

The MARQ Haze 800 DMX has impressed me for under $300.00.  I don't know how long they will last and they do "pause" to cool down for a brief period of time when set to produce continuous haze.  I would never consider it a "pro" machine, but it's not a pro price either.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 11:05:26 AM »

I have some Antari Z350's.  They are very good for their price point.  Several other light and sound guys them recommended to me.  They seem to tolerate a wide range of standard fog fluids however the use of such might void the manufacturers warranty.

The MARQ Haze 800 DMX has impressed me for under $300.00.  I don't know how long they will last and they do "pause" to cool down for a brief period of time when set to produce continuous haze.  I would never consider it a "pro" machine, but it's not a pro price either.

Awesome - thanks for the additional info and for sharing your experiences with them. I can source the Z350 for under $300 here, so I may just go that route. I was a little concerned with coverage - the video from Antari makes the output seem a bit "whispy." But it sounds like it should be decent.

I'm not looking for complete smoke-out, just enough to enhance lighting scenes.

Thanks again!

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 08:32:11 PM »

I use the z350 on a 30 x 15 triangular stage. I leave it on constantly during the show at about 1/2 level. It produces a true haze that does not obscure stuff but picks out the beams. I use the antari fluid, which is cheap enough because it jumps sips fluid. I get 20+ shows from a 2 liter bottle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 08:35:15 PM by Jay Barracato »
Jay Barracato

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 08:38:05 PM »

I use the z350 on a 30 x 15 triangular stage. I leave it on constantly during the show at about 1/2 level. It produces a true haze that does not obscure stuff but picks out the beams. I use the antari fluid, which is cheap enough because it jumps sips fluid. I get 20+ shows from a 2 liter bottle.

Jay Barracato

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 12:17:28 PM »

Thanks, Jay - that's perfect!

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 11:55:20 AM »

I pulled the trigger on the Z-350 fazer last week and purchased the recommended FLG fluid as well. Initial thoughts:

+ Puts out a nice, steady layer of fog
+ Fairly speedy warm-up time (less than 4 minutes)
+ The rotary controls for fan speed and density are extremely handy and seem very precise
- Not a huge fan of the DMX Dip Switches... wish it had a digital panel, but oh well
+ Light!! Shockingly compact and very portable

Hard case is on the way to ensure it stays safe whilst in transit.

So far, I'd recommend this to folks looking for a fogger for small-to-mid-size venues. We'll see how it holds-up over time; so far, I'm a fan.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 01:34:07 PM »

I pulled the trigger on the Z-350 fazer last week and purchased the recommended FLG fluid as well. Initial thoughts:

+ Puts out a nice, steady layer of fog
+ Fairly speedy warm-up time (less than 4 minutes)
+ The rotary controls for fan speed and density are extremely handy and seem very precise
- Not a huge fan of the DMX Dip Switches... wish it had a digital panel, but oh well
+ Light!! Shockingly compact and very portable

Hard case is on the way to ensure it stays safe whilst in transit.

So far, I'd recommend this to folks looking for a fogger for small-to-mid-size venues. We'll see how it holds-up over time; so far, I'm a fan.

Just a nit... hazers and foggers are not the same device.
If you have a hazer, it doesn't put out fog.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 11:38:02 PM »

So... wanted to provide an update about experience with this Hazer, now that we've used it for about 10-shows or so.

*WOW*

It may look small, but it does a really great job, especially for indoor shows. As mentioned, we've used this for about 10-shows now, and have zero complaints. We're still running on the original fill (used Antari's FLG Fog Juice).

Upsides:
- Compact
- Easy on power draw (we run this on the same circuit as our 24-LED PAR lights and backline power)
- Tremendous, predictable output indoors
- Inexpensive (purchased locally from dealer w/discount at well under $300)

Downsides:
- Old school DIP Switches
- Wouldn't release our HOSA DMX terminator easily (could've been HOSA's fault)

We also purchased the matching flight case, and the combo is fantastic.

If you're looking for a small-to-mid-sized Hazer that'll work great at providing a solid layer of background haze, look no further. We ran this in a venue that held 400+ people; stage size was 34'x18' and it worked exactly as expected.

Graham Spice

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 01:50:34 PM »

We also purchased the matching flight case, and the combo is fantastic.

If you're looking for a small-to-mid-sized Hazer that'll work great at providing a solid layer of background haze, look no further. We ran this in a venue that held 400+ people; stage size was 34'x18' and it worked exactly as expected.
Excellent review, thanks very much for posting this, Steve

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 01:50:34 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.